Pritihivi Narayan Campus is located in Bagar in Pokhara. Under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University, it offers various Bachelor and Master level courses.
The campus was founded on 1 September 1960 (17 Bhadra 2017 BS) in the western region. PN Campus was initially named Prithvi Narayan Inter College that was started with 13 students and 2 teachers for post-secondary education and was run by the local community.
On 20 August 1963 (4 Bhadra 2020 BS), the college resumed its first batch with the Bachelor of Arts (BA) study, which received its accreditation from Tribhuvan University. In the same year, under the Peace Corps Volunteering Projects, Douglas K. Wingham, Peter Farco, and Dorothy Mierow started working as volunteers to teach English and other courses in the college.
With the introduction of the New Education System Plan (NESP) on 1 Shrawan 2030 BS, the college was formally incorporated with Tribhuvan University as one of its constituent campuses, changing its title from ‘college to ‘campus’. In Shrawan 2033 BS, the Dean’s office of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences under Tribhuvan University was moved to Pokhara within the premises of the campus from Kathmandu, which remained in Pokhara until 2040 BS. In 2035 BS, the Master of Arts (MA) in Economics under the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences was introduced for the first time in Pokhara. It was followed by the MA in Geography the following year in 2036 BS.
Currently, PN Campus offers B.Sc CSIT, BA.LLB, BA, BBA, BBS, B.Ed, LL.B, BPA, B.Sc, M.Ed Curriculum, and Evaluation, M.Ed Education Planning and Management, M.Ed English Language Education, M.Ed Nepali Language Education, M.Sc in Physics, MA English, MA Geography, MA Nepali, MA Political Science, MA Population Studies and MA in Sociology programs.
Prithvi Narayan Campus places a high priority on creating an environment that enables teaching and non-teaching staff to perform their best job. The campus appreciates the contributions of all its faculty members in making the campus a top public higher education institution.
The faculty members are driven by cross-disciplinary collaboration and form a community on campus that produces ideas that enrich human life. They do their best innovative work as they also prepare the next generation of scholars.
Prithvi Narayan Campus was awarded the "Best Campus of the Year" in 2018, by the Ministry of Education, Nepal, and a QAA certificate by UGC.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B)
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) - One-Year
- Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
- Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Laws (BA/LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (BSc. Microbiology)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (BSc. CSIT)
- Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA)
- Bachelor of Science (General)
- Master of Science in Physics (MSc. Physics)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MA Political Science)
- Master of Arts in Nepali (MA Nepali)
- Master of Arts in Sociology (MA Sociology)
- Master of Arts in Population Studies (MA Population Studies)
- Master of Arts English (MA English)
- Master of Arts Economics (MA Economics)
- Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- Master of Arts History (MA History)
- Master of Arts in Geography (MA Geography)
- Master of Science in Mathematics (MSc. Mathematics)
- Master of Education in English Language Education (M. Ed. ELE)
- Master of Education in Nepali Language Education (M. Ed. NLE)
- Master of Education in Education Planning and Management (M. Ed. EPM)
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Education (M. Ed. CE)
- Master of Education in Economics Education (M. Ed. EE)
- Master of Education in Health Education (M. Ed. HE)
- Master of Education in Mathematics Education (M. Ed. ME)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science in Chemistry (MSc. Chemistry)
- Master of Arts in Anthropology (MA Anthropology)