MA in Nepali

MA in Nepali

2 years

MA in Nepali course runs over two-year duration in semester-wise format. Each semester holds 16 credits and the total credit of the course is 64. The evaluation of a student is divided into two parts. Internal evaluation which holds 40% of marking and External evaluation (Board Examination) which holds the remaining 60%.


Applicants with a bachelor's degree from any university acknowledged by Tribhuvan University, regardless of the field of study, are eligible to apply for enrollment in the M.A. Nepali program.

 नेपाली विषय स्नातकोत्तर तहको प्रवेश योग्यता

(क) त्रि.वि.बाट कुनै पनि विषयमा स्नातक तह उत्तीर्ण भएको वा

(ख) त्रि.वि. बाट मान्यता प्राप्त विश्वविद्यालयबाट स्नातक तह उत्तीर्ण भएको र त्रि.वि. बाट स्नातक तहको समकक्षता प्राप्त गरेको ।


Admission Criteria

An applicant seeking admission must take the Entrance Examination as required by the Dean‘s Office, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Admissions will be based strictly on merit.

Curricular Structure

The curricular structure for the program is:

First Semester
Course Code Course Title Credits
551 ऐतिहासिक तथा समाज भाषाविज्ञान 3
552 संस्कृत काव्यशास्त्र 3
553 पाश्चात्य समालोचना सिद्धान्त र नेपाली समालोचना 3
554 आधुनिक नेपाली निबन्ध र लोक साहित्य 4
555 आधुनिक नेपाली फुटकर कविता 3
Total   16
Second Semester
Course Code Course Title Credits
556 सामान्य भाषाविज्ञान 3
557 पाश्चात्य साहित्यका वाद र समालोचना पद्धति 3
558 पूर्व आधुनिक नेपाली साहित्य 3
559 आधुनिक नेपाली नाटक र चलचित्र सिदधान्त 4
560 आधुनिक नेपाली खण्डकाव्य 3
Total   16
Third Semester
Course Code Course Title Credits
561 आधुनिक नेपाली कथा 3
562 आधुनिक नेपाली महाकाव्य 3
563 साहित्येतिहास सिद्धान्त र नेपाली साहित्यको इतिहास लेखन 3
564 भाषिक अध्ययन परम्परा


565 नाटककार बालकृष्ण सम र उनका नाट्यकृति
566 महाकवि लक्ष्मीप्रसाद देवकोटा र उनका कविताकृति
567 नाटककार विजय मल्ल र उनका नाट्यकृति
568 कवि मोहन कोइराला र उनका कविताकृति
569 शोध तथा सृजन विधि 4
Total   16
Fourth Semester
Course Code Course Title Credits
570 आधुनिक नेपाली उपन्यास 3
571 पूर्वीय दर्शन र पाठ सम्पादन 4
572 भाषिक अध्ययनका प्रमुख पद्धति


573 आख्यानकार विश्वेश्वर प्रसाद कोइराला र उनका आख्यान कृति
574 आख्यानकार भवानी भिक्षु र उनका आख्यउन कृति
575 आख्यानकार पारिजात र उनका आख्यान कृति
  उपन्यासकार ध्रुवचन्द्र गौतम र उनका उपन्यास
577 शोधपत्र लेखन


  सृजनपत्र लेखन
Total   16