College of Medical Sciences (CMS) is permanently affiliated to the Kathmandu University and fully recognized by the Nepal Medical Council, Sri Lanka Medical Council, General Medical Council of Great Britain (UK) and is enlisted in the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates of USA (ECFMG), WHO 's World Directory of Medical Schools.
- The college of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur, admits a total of 150 MBBS students annually
- 20% are Nepal Government nominees,
- The Remainders of the students are self-financing from foreign countries and the self financing Nepalese students
- The self-financing Nepalese Students select through Kathmandu University competitive Medical Entrance Examination.
- to produce quality clinicians and able managers for primary level health care and facilitate to bring in optimum health care services required for the local community right at their door steps.
- to produce clinicians of specialties to provide appropriate and correct health care delivery system.
- to assist the Government to promote and standardize Medical Education and produce appropriate manpower for fulfillment on its obligation to the community.
- to make the future doctors understand the psycho-social needs of the community and to conduct research, thus make them capable of pursuing postgraduate courses and developing cost effective health care services.
- to prepare the students to understand and promote other systems of medicine to develop and appreciate philosophical and ethical values of these medicine.
- to prepare the Institution to take active part in building the health care delivery system of Nepal in general and the Chitwan district in particular.