- Fee:NPR 2,381,760
MS Otorhinolaryngology is offered by Kathmandu University. It is a 2 year full-time course divided into 4 semesters, with each semester lasting a period of 6 months. The course in Otorhinolaryngology is essentially about clinical and academic expertise in ENT, audiology, and speech and language therapy.
The program consists of five primary research areas, namely Tinnitus Aetiology And Management, Habitation for Hearing Loss, Plasticity and Rehabilitation, Cochlear Implantation, and Paediatric ENT/Audiology. The course us designed to offer theoretical, scientific, clinical, research and vocational skills necessary to practice enhanced otology, audio vestibular medicine and audiology.
The course aims to prepare ENT Surgeons, Audio Vestibular Physicians, Paediatricians, GPs, Neurologists and other trainees and physicians interested in medical aspects of audiology, with a specialization in otology.
Students are taught the anatomy and physiology of the vestibulocochlear system and facial nerve, related disorders and pathologies, diagnostic techniques and management strategies in cases of both children and adults. Clinical and surgical placements provide an opportunity to develop specialist skills and competencies in evidence- based medicine, multidisciplinary practice including facial reanimation and skull base clinics and research.
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council.
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates.
- One year experience (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded).
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break (To be allowed only after an hour).
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|