Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS), Pokhara opened in 1994 with an MBBS Degree program. The 700-bed Manipal Teaching Hospital (MTH), Pokhara was inaugurated in 1998. The college and hospital have been set up with modern facilities for medical education and health care.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS), Pokhara is affiliated with Kathmandu University. The College is the result of collaboration between the Manipal Group and the Government of Nepal.
VISION: Global leadership in human development, excellence in education and health care.
MISSION: To be among the most preferred destination for students and teachers of health sciences at all levels of medical education in Nepal. International bonding to achieve all-around recognition for excellence in health care delivery among Southeast Asian Nations.
GOAL: To achieve acceptance of MCOMS as an excellent learning center and dependable and affordable healthcare provider in Nepal.
- To establish MCOMS as an institution sensitive to the health needs and expectations of all sections of the people of Nepal
- To establish MTH as the best women and children friendly hospital
- To establish adequate research infra-structure – both hospital and community-based- for effective practice of evidence-based medicine in MTH
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships with all health care and social welfare organizations in Nepal to optimize mutual institutional support and community benefits
- To widen further the partnership base and to establish firmly the social commitment of the institution in the provision of health services, alongside excellence in education and research.
MCOMS functions from two campuses. The Deep Campus is spread across 8 acres of wooded land, housing the preclinical sciences departments, hostels, and other facilities for preclinical students. The second, Phulbari Campus, is a 30-acre campus and has an 825-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital.
MANIPAL TEACHING HOSPITAL: The 750-bed capacity Manipal Teaching Hospital (MTH) is a 7 storey building with a total built-up area of 5 lakh sq ft. It is a magnificent edifice, blending modernity with the traditional Nepali style of architecture. The outpatient services were inaugurated in September 1998 and inpatient services started in January 1999, with modern diagnostic facilities and support services for secondary and tertiary level medical problems. MTH has been constructed with a futuristic approach laying emphasis on the space required for teaching programs for the undergraduates, postgraduates, and allied health manpower. Manipal Teaching Hospital is set up with state-of-the-art facilities for superior medical education and healthcare.
PICTURESQUE SETTINGS: MCOMS nestles in the scenic, mountainous terrain of Pokhra, is an ideal center of learning for medical students. An invigorating setting nestles among the beautiful environs of the Himalayas, MOCMS is a modern campus with all conveniences, state-of-the-art teaching aids, and well-equipped labs.
MULTI-CULTURAL ENVIRONMENT: MCOMS is also a cultural hub of activity as students from many different countries converge to take advantage of the exceptional faculty, holistic curriculum, and innovative teaching methods. MCOMS Nepal has students joining from India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh, Singapore, Thailand, Middle East, Kenya, South Africa, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand and thereby providing the student community a rich multi-cultural exposure.
- An invigorating setting drawing inspiration from the lofty Himalayas
- Modern campus with all conveniences
- State of the art teaching aids and well-equipped labs
- Disciplined and highly motivated students excelling in academics and co-curricular activities.
- Cross-cultural exposure through students from different countries
- Faculty with a high degree of professionalism, commitment, and an ability to innovate and motivate
- A curriculum that is programmed for holistic development with emphasis on positive attitudes
- Innovative teaching and learning methods to generate interest and raise levels of self-confidence
- Well developed systems of continuous academic evaluation and guidance
- Competent and responsive administration