Get notified when enrollment starts?
- Fee:NPR 2,381,760
MD in Psychiatry is a three-year postgraduate program in the medical science of mental health, with MBBS or equivalent degree completion as the minimal requirement.
Psychiatry is a specialty of medicine that focuses on the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders in people. It uses research-based data and nuanced methodologies to investigate the maze of the human mind. A psychiatrist can differentiate between mentally healthy and mentally sick people.
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council.
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates.
- One year experience (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded).
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break (To be allowed only after an hour).
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|
Successful graduates of the course are hired in capacities such as Staff Psychiatrist, Forensic Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychiatrist, Prison Psychiatrist, Neuropsychiatries, Child Psychiatrist, etc.