Pathology is the branch of medicine which focuses on study of disease by examining the body tissue, blood and other body fluids and pathologists arespecialist medical practitioners who specializes in the diagnosis and management of human disease by laboratory methods.
Pathology has nine major areas of activity which include Anatomical/surgical Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Forensic Pathology, General Pathology, Genetic Pathology, Hematology, Immunopathology and Microbiology.
A general pathologist is familiar with the major aspects of all branches of laboratory medicine described above. He or she is usually trained in anatomical pathology, cytology, chemical pathology, microbiology, hematology and blood banking
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of entrance examination and interview ( As per KU Norms and Standards).
Fee Structure of 2014 Batch for MD Pathology
1. University fee: NRs. 1,31,000/- (to University at the time of admission)
2. First Year Tuition fee: NRs. 8,59,000/- (to University at the time of admission)
3. Second Year Tuition fee: NRs. 6,50,000/- (by the beginning of second year)
4. Third Year Tuition fee: NRs. 6,10,000/- (by the beginning of third year)
5. Total Fee: NRs. 22,50,000/-