Get notified when enrollment starts?
- Fee:NPR 2,381,760
MS Ophthalmology is a three year post graduate program run by Kathmandu University. M.S. in Ophthalmology is a postgraduate course in medicine that involves an advanced study of the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An Ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. The curriculum includes components such as Orbital and Ocular Anatomy, Gross anatomy, Histology, Ocular Physiology, Ocular Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology in relation to Ocular Immunology.
The course essentially aims to equip students with:
- a strong scientific understanding of the fundamentals of ophthalmology through a combination of mentoring and didactic education
- clinical skills in all sub-specialties of ophthalmology
- broad surgical experience in the discipline
- skills to write literature reviews
- critical thinking skills to make informed patient care decisions
- a thorough comprehension of ethical, legal, and moral issues required in eye care and medical care
- fundamental business and managerial skills for a systems-based practice
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council.
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates.
- One year experience (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded).
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break (To be allowed only after an hour).
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of entrance examination and interview ( As per KU Norms and Standards).