Medicine and Health Care
MS Ophthalmology is a three year post graduate program run by Kathmandu University. M.S. in Ophthalmology is a postgraduate course in medicine that involves an advanced study of the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An Ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. The curriculum includes components such as Orbital and Ocular Anatomy, Gross anatomy, Histology, Ocular Physiology, Ocular Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology in relation to Ocular Immunology.
The course essentially aims to equip students with:
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of entrance examination and interview ( As per KU Norms and Standards).
Fee Structure of 2014 Batch for MS Ophthalmology
1. University fee: NRs. 1,31,000/- (to University at the time of admission)
2. First Year Tuition fee: NRs. 8,59,000/- (to University at the time of admission)
3. Second Year Tuition fee: NRs. 6,50,000/- (by the beginning of second year)
4. Third Year Tuition fee: NRs. 6,10,000/- (by the beginning of third year)
5. Total Fee: NRs. 22,50,000/-
Eligibility Criteria for MS Ophthalmology Kathmandu University