The Government of Nepal has called for the provision of basic health service to all by establishing a network of health services in all over Nepal. In this regard, the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) has been contributing towards the development of different level of health personnel. In the field of Radiography and imaging, CTEVT has been running a program to
produce middle level radiography and imaging service providers. The Certificate in Diagnostic Radiography graduates will be able to perform routine works related to technology in different level of hospitals, health institutions and imaging centres.
This program is of three academic years' duration. The first year course focuses on basic science and foundation subjects, the second year course focuses on basic radiography and imaging related subjects and the third year is given to the application of learned skills and knowledge within the comprehensive practical settings in hospitals, health institutions and imaging center recognized by
the ministry of health and population or concerned authority.
The foundation subjects like English, Nepali, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are applicable for middle level health professional. The disciplinary subjects related to radiography field are included in second and third year. Along with the core radiography practice, the graduates will be capable of providing first aid, basic maternity care and basic public health care. This curricular program also makes the provision of practical exposure as well as real work practices in the specific areas of radiography and imaging technology.
The curriculum structure and the subject-wise content reflect the details of this curriculum. In brief, this curriculum will guide to its implementers to produce competent and highly employable middle level technical workforces in the field of radiography and imaging technology.
Program aims and objectives
This program aims to produce middle level technical personnel with sound academic knowledge equipped with perfect technical skills that can be faced in real life situation.
At the end of the course, the student should able to:
- To perform all routine radiography/and assist in special x-ray examination.
- To maintain photographic and x-ray equipment in good working order.
- To possess knowledge on recent advances in imaging technology.
- To protect the patients and staff from possible radiation hazards.
- To maintain records of x-ray examinations, filing of radiographs & ordering of necessary radiographic supplies.
- To provide care of the patients whilst in the x-ray department.
- To prepare radiography set up required for routine and special investigations.
- To practice quality control system in radiology department to deliver quality reports.
- To familiarize middle level radiography management works, supervision of subordinates and preparation of reports.
- To provide basic first aid Treatment
Medium of instruction
The total duration of this curricular program is three years. The program is based on yearly system. Moreover, one academic year consists of 39 academic weeks and one academic week consists up to 40 hours excluding evaluation period.
Pattern of attendance
Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final examination
- The students must secure minimum 40% marks in theory and 50% marks in practical.
- Moreover, the students must secure minimum pass marks in the internal assessment and in the
final examination of each subject to pass the subject.
- Distinction : 80 % and above
- First division : 65 % to below 80 %
- Second division : 50 % to below 65 %
- Pass division : Pass Marks to below 50 %
- Students who have passed all the components of all subjects of all 3 years are considered to have successfully completed the course.
- Students who have successfully completed the course will be awarded with a degree of "Certificate in Diagnostic Radiography".
Secured at least grade C in C. Mathematics, C. English and C.Science in Secondary Education Examination(SEE) from recognized academic institution and an average GPA of at least 2.
Passed entrance examination conducted by CTEVT
Applicant should submit the following documents at the time of application:
- SEE pass certificate
- Character certificate
- Citizenship certificate (for the name, parents name, age, date of birth and address verification purpose only)
- Physical fitness certificate (at the time of admission)
- Student quota for different category of students as per the policy of CTEVT
The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4 (technical) as Radiography Assistant or as prescribed by the Public
Service Commission. The graduate is eligible for registration with the Nepal Health Professional Council in the grade as mentioned in the concerned Council's Act.