- Fee: NPR 2,299,000
MD Dermatology is offered by Kathmandu University. The program involves advanced study of skin- related diseases. Dermatology as a branch of medicine deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases regarding skin, nails, and hair which include cancer, eczema, acne, psoriasis, skin allergies and nail infections. MD Dermatology course is certified by the Nepal Medical Council(NMC).
Objectives of the course:
- To diagnose and manage common skin diseases, sexually transmitted diseases and leprosy
- To manage efficiently all medical emergencies related with skin, leprosy and venereal disease
- To adopt preventive measures at individual and community levels against communicable and venereal diseases and leprosy
- To teach requisite knowledge and laboratory skills to other medical/ paramedical team members
- To adopt a compassionate attitude towards patients (and their families) under the one’s charge
- To evaluate and initiate investigation for solving problems relating to skin and venereal diseases and leprosy
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council.
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates.
- One year experience (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded).
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break (To be allowed only after an hour).
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|
The selection of the candidates will b done on the basis of entrance examination and interview ( As per KU Norms and Standards).
After completing MD dermatology, the career options is available in areas such as nursing homes, private or govt. hospitals, clinics and dispensaries. Professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges.
Employment Areas for MD in Dermatology:
- Biomedical Companies
- Health Centers
- Medical Colleges
- Nursing Homes
- Hospitals (Private and Government)
- Medical Foundation/Trust
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research Areas
- Private Practice