Bachelor of Education in Information Communication Technology (BEd ICT) is an undergraduate program offered by Tribhuvan University, under the Faculty of Education. It is a 4-year semester-based program spreading over 8 semesters covering a total of 138 credit hours, that includes 12 credit hours for communication skills courses, 24 credit hours for educational core courses, 60 credit hours for specialization major subjects, 30 credit hours for minor subjects and 9 credit hours for teaching internship/practicum.
BEd ICT Education is a bachelor degree program introduced to make students familiar with the modern education systems and computer science, along with the use of information and communication technology focusing on the subjects like Information Technology, C/C++ Programming, Psychology, Fundamental & Technology in Education, Java Programming Language, Database Management System, Data Communication, and Artificial Intelligence.
- To prepare students for higher studies like Masters’ level program in the area of Education, Information Communication Technology or other related field
- To provide students with a better and extensive learning about Computer Science and Information Communication Technology concepts like Programming, Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Management Information System, Data structures, Computer Graphics, Cyber law, Artificial intelligence and other BICT related subjects.
- To provide theoretical knowledge to the students to build up a deeper understanding and familiarize them with the practical tools and techniques used in the development of computer systems software and technology.
- To prepare successful BICT graduates to build their career in their interested field or BICT related field such as a Computer Teacher in Higher Level, Software Application Developer, System Administrator, Web Programmer, Database Administrator, Web Developer, Network Administrator, etc.
- To develop proficient and passionate human resources outfitted with information technology skills, both qualitative and quantitative for application in the development of education sector.
- To help students to improve their intellectual and analytical abilities, decision making, leadership to carry out, analyze and execute plans and policies for the overall development of education sector using the ideas of information technology.
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least D+ Grade in each subject.
BICTE Course Structure
First Semester - 6*3=18 Credit
- Eng. Ed. 411: English Language I
- Nep. Ed. 411: General Nepali I
- Ed. 411: Fundamental of Education
- Math Ed. 416: Mathematics I
- ICT Ed. 415: Introduction to Information Technology
- ICT Ed. 416: programming Concept with C
Second Semester - 6*3=18 Credit
- Eng. Ed. 421: English Language II
- Nep. Ed. 421: General Nepali II
- Ed. 422: Developmental Psychology
- Math Ed. 426: Mathematics II
- ICT Ed. 425: Digital Logics
- ICT Ed. 426: Object Oriented Programming with C++
Third Semester - 6*3=18 Credit
- Ed. 432: Learning Psychology
- ICT Ed. 435: Data Structure and Algorithm
- ICT Ed. 436: Computer Architecture and Organization
- ICT Ed. 437: Web Technology
- Math Ed. 436: Probability and Statistics
- ICT Ed. 438: 21st Century Life Skill
Fourth Semester - 6*3=18 Credit
- Ed. 442: Fundamentals of Curriculum
- ICT Ed. 445: Opearting System
- ICT Ed. 446: Database Management System
- Ed. 447: System Analysis and Design
- Math Ed. 446: Numerical Analysis
- Ed. 442: Leadership and Management
Fifth Semester - 5*3=15 Credit
- Ed. 452: Assessment in Teaching and Learning
- ICT Ed. 455: Java Programming Language
- ICT Ed. 456: Data Communication and Networks
- ICT Ed. 457: Software Engineering and Project Management
- Math Ed. 456: Discrete Mathematics
Sixth Semester - 5*3=15 Credit
- Ed. 462: Research Methods in Education
- ICT Ed. 465: Visual Programming
- ICT Ed. 466: Computer Graphics
- Ed. 467: Digital Pedagogy
- ICT Ed. 475: Network and Information Security
Seventh Semester - 5*3=15 Credit
- Ed. 472: Research project
- Ed. 476: Artificail Intelligence in Education
- ICT Ed. 477: Teaching Methods for ICT
- Elective I (Any One)
- ICT Ed. 478: Geographical information System
- ICT Ed. 479: Big Data Analysis
- ICT Ed. 479: Capstone Project
- Ed. 482: Classroom Pedagogy
- ICT Ed. 486: System Administrator with Linux
- ICT Ed. 487: Python Programming
- Elective II (Any One)
- ICT Ed. 488: Cloud Computing
- ICT Ed. 489: Multimedia Technology
- ICT Ed. 490: Teaching Practicum in ICT