Mahendra Ratna Campus is a pioneer teacher education campus under Tribhuvan University (TU) established originally as a College of Education in 1956 to continue the teacher training programs of the Nepal government that were initiated in 2008 in the name of Normal Educational Training.
At present this is the largest teacher education campus in the country with over 8000 students from all over Nepal.
MRC's courses are largely concerned with teacher education, professional development for teachers, and educational research. MRC has employed concentrated attention to generating innovative and competent teachers with the best grasp of moral principles by giving specialized courses in critical areas of teacher education. MRC's educational programs have recently been expanded to include BEd in ICTE (semester system), MEd in all disciplines (semester system), MEd in Health Education and Economics Education, and so forth. Over 5,000 students, their guardians, over 200 teachers (including professors, associate professors, lecturers, contract and part-time teachers), over 50 office bearers, and many more counselors and well-wishers have made up the extended family. The institution's successful team of updated teachers, staff, and other professionals has to led it to compete successfully in today's global market.
The MRC's explicit goal is to be a center for academic and professional excellence that influences the nation's overall educational practices via unique ideas and insights. The outputs of the institution will be remarkable in terms of ethics, professionalism, and academics, not only on a national but also on a worldwide scale. As a result, the goal would be to explicitly urge teenagers to fantasize about a new revolutionary educational approach in Nepal and to make those dreams a reality. The goal of MRC is to develop students' technical competence, educational administration abilities, teacher professional sensitivity, and a variety of other talents.
MRC has run a number of programs and achieved gains in areas such as educational and physical development to put the vision and purpose into action.
The vision is the long-term vision of the firm that its stakeholders desire to see. Mahendra Ratna Campus's goal, according to the Campus Restructuring Plan 2070, is;
Nationally Recognized Quality Teacher Education Institution for All Educational Levels in the Country
The organization's purpose explains its existence and briefly outlines the organization's fundamental aim. The aims of MahendraRatna Campus are to
- Provide high-quality teacher education programs for both public and private schools, while utilizing cutting-edge technology and innovations.
- Create a forum for professional development for teachers of all levels through research, professional networking, support, and collaboration.
The goals define how the organization aims to carry out its missions. In order to realize its purposes, Mahendra Ratna Campus has defined the following goals:
- To provide high-quality pre-service and in-service teacher education programs in response to the country's educational needs.
- To prepare teachers and teacher educators for the national, regional, and global teacher education markets.
- To train educational leaders capable of administering educational institutions at all levels across the country.
- To promote indigenous teacher education in conformity with the country's student-centered teaching.
- To offer a professional development platform for prospective teachers via research, innovation, and the promotion of best practices and success stories.
- To foster partnership with teacher education programs and other educational institutions both inside and outside of Nepal for mutual learning, sharing, and professional networking.
- Through student-led initiatives, promote inclusive pedagogy in Nepal's teacher education system.
- Provide short-term teacher training and a diploma program based on market needs.