Balkumari College was established on 18th September 1986 (2043) in Chitwan district. Balkumari College is affiliated to Tribhuvan University and the college has been awarded with Quality Assurance & Accreditation ( QAA) certification by Quality Assurance & Accreditation Committee of University Grants Commission Nepal on 2009 (2066) and on 2019 (2075). Balkumari College has already been recognized as an ISO 9001 certified institution for quality management system ( QMS) in July 2008.
Balkumari College is involved in various innovative programs apart from teaching regular University curriculum. These programs are carefully designed to provide students a clear edge in placement or further education. The college has performed well in all disciplines, curricular, extracurricular and co-curricular activities. The campus offers BICTE, BHM, B.Sc, B.Ed, BBS, MEd, MBS, programs under Tribhuvan University, BBA program under Purbanchal University, PCL Nursing, CMA and ANM programs under CTEVT.
Campus management team aim to further develop Balkumari College as a campus of excellence and ultimately reach academic autonomy. The College Management Committee and entire college family are well prepared and equipped in planning and promoting need based strategies to face all kinds of challenges & difficulties. The college has an extensive links with renowned scholars, universities. social institutions, and business firms throughout the world. Responsive to the tremendous pressure of globalization, it has been seeking new approaches and techniques to be able to catch with ICT changing scenarios across the globe.
Balkumari College will be valued to turn itself into an autonomous educational center of excellence pursuing innovation, experiences, principles and guidelines of great philosophers and scholars in order to make best use of their contributions for persistent and continued betterment of people and society in local, national, regional and international interest.
Balkumari College is committed to Further Development of society (community) and the globe in every way possible. The core objective of BKC is to contribute to the society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest integration level of excellence. Establishing autonomous educational institution with multi faculties i.e. DEEMED UNIVERSITY.
- To provide higher education.
- To be involved in community services
- To reinforce quality education with the implementation of project based learning.
- To promote technical education, science and technology to prepare skilled manpower.
- To work towards the preservation of Nepalese arts, culture and tradition.
- To organize programs for spiritual awareness and moral education.
- To establish relationship with national and international scholars and institutions that will help create an environment for further development of Balkumari College.
- To turn on research work to promote development of the society.