Departments and Courses of KU School of Arts:
- KU Department of Development Studies / Languages and Mass Communication: it is located in Hattiban premises of School of Arts. It offers following courses:
- Kathmandu University Department of Music is located at Chupin Ghat, Bhaktapur. It offers Undergraduate, Masters and PhD programs in Music.
- Kathmandu University School of Arts Center for Art and Design
- Kathmandu University School of Arts Center for Buddhist Studies
- Confucius Institute at Kathmandu University : It offers Chinese Language classes.
- Semester System
- Well-equipped multimedia lab and studio
- High teacher student ratio
- Community focused courses
- Provision of internship
- Profound online course delivery system
- Multimedia classrooms
- Multiple field visits and tours
- Interdisciplinary program
- Research projects
- Library with online resources
Qualified candidates can apply for admissions at the payment of Rs. 1000.00 (non-refundable fee). The Department conducts written test for the applicants and calls for interview after the results of the written test. But due to this pandemic KUSOA has been taking the KUSAAT exam and interview via online. A final result is published for the successful candidates calling for the enrollment.
Students will be evaluated on four-point scale using letter grades as follows:
KU SOA Scholarship
It is focused for meritorious and needy (economically weak) students successfully admitted in KU UNG programs. For each 24 fee paying students, student will be admitted on full or partial scholarship(equivalent to the fee of one student).This scholarship is provided to 1st year students at the time of admission, first time on need basis and then based on their academic performance reviewing annually. They need to maintain a minimum total GPA of 3.0 to continue in each academic year. Also, it will not be regular for students who have to appear compartmental exams and who does not maintain discipline.
KU Educational Loan
Under this category, an educational loan will be provided to the selected students enabling them to meet 25% to 50% of total fees charged by the university. This educational load depends on available fund in each UNG program of SOA as per KU rule. It is required that the student must sign a contract paper with the university (as a bond paper) for its refund. Other conditions are same as that in KU scholarship. The number of this educational loan offered in this scheme depends upon the available scholarship fund which in turn is dependent on the return/payment of the loan received by students in earlier years.
Procedures for Application and Awarding of Scholarships:
- General information on scholarship and financial schemes will be announced during the admission time.
- Application form will be distributed during online admission.
- Application form, with all necessary supporting documents has to be submitted as specified in the Financial Support Scheme form.
- Interview of the applicant will take place during the admission time.
- Decision of the award of the scholarship/financial support will be made before the candidate is admitted to the program.
- University reserves the right to select the appropriate candidate from among the applicants.
- Kathmandu University
- Established 1996 AD
- constituent Institution
- 01-5251294, 01-5251306
- [email protected]