Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT) course aims to produce professional graduate in laboratory medicine who are academically sound, technically skilled, creative in nature and self-reliant in performing quality control, interpreting the results and providing leadership to subordinates.
Module for Entrance Examination
The entrance examination will consist of a single paper with 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) on Zoology (15), Botany (10), Chemistry (15), Physics (10), General Health (25) and specific subject (25). One mark is allocated to each MCQ. Each MCQ will have four options, of which the most appropriate answer is to be answered. There is no system of negative marking.
The full marks of the paper will be 100 and the duration of examination will be 2 hours. The pass marks is 50% (fifty per cent). Separate merit lists will be prepared for candidates from General Science Stream and those from the Health Science Stream.
|Total Available Seats||Subjects for Entrance Examination|
|11 (Eleven Only)||
General Health: 25
Specific Subjects: 25
- To perform routine and special laboratory investigations on clinical and non clinical subjects independently.
- To interpret the results and explain underlined principle of each investigation.
- To assist and take part in research work.
- To participate in teaching learning activities.
- To set up Zonal level medical laboratory.
- To introduce quality control system in laboratory to have qualitative result.
- To perform managerial works - supervision of subordinates, or preparation of periodic reports and maintenance of inventory etc.
Each of the above subjects will have 100 full mark in each academic year and will be divided as follows:
First Year Second Year Third Year Pass Mark
Internal Assessment 20 marks 20 marks 10 50%
Final Examination 80 marks 80 marks 80 50%
Project writing ……….. ………. 10 ……
Practical Exam 100 100 100 50%
Information for Online Application and Entrance Examination of IOM
Candidates having passed and secured fifty percent mark in the PCL General Science (I.Sc. or 10+2) program with biology and other prerequisite subjects OR in PCL Health Science (Health Laboratory) are eligible to apply for Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT).
Total seats: 11 only. The seat distribution is as follows:
The BMLT course has been divided into 4 major subjects: Medical microbiology, Clinical biochemistry, Haematology and Histopathology and Cytology. Students will attend theory and practical class and do project assignment.