- Fee: NPR 750,000
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology is an interdisciplinary program that utilizes a variety of health-related resources. Professionals who have an undergraduate degree in laboratory medicine are prepared to undertake laboratory-based diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventative testing. The course is focused on applied biology and chemistry and is designed for students who want to work in the healthcare field.
BScMLT program will provide graduates with the knowledge, technical skills, and professional skills required to function in a clinical laboratory, and the ability to adapt to ever-changing healthcare systems as a professional.
- Student enrollment: 30 per year
- Funding: 75% of the seats shall be funded by the Provincial government of Bagmati Province.
- Tuition fees: NRS 7.5 lakhs total. One-third of the total fee should be paid at the time of admission.
- Passed10+2 Science or equivalent (with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) with 50% aggregate in total marks or GPA 2.4 OR,
- Secured the percentage equivalent to the above eligibility in regards to the certificate level programs (eg. A-Level) with a different grading system OR,
- Applicants who have passed the Health Science Proficiency Certificate/Diploma (General Medicine, Medical Lab Technology, Ophthalmic Science, Dental Science, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Radiography, Physiotherapy) with at least 50% aggregate in total marks AND
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council of Nepal Pharmacy Council or Nepal Ayurveda Council as per related educational program.
Must have passed the Common Entrance Examination of the Medical Education Commission.
- Clinical Biochemistry,
- Clinical Microbiology,
- Medical Parasitology,
- Clinical Hematology and Transfusion Medicine,