Established in 2064 B.S. by a team of visionary professionals in the field of Nepalese academia, NEW SUMMIT College (NSC) has created a landmark as one of the best private colleges in Kathmandu, specializing in Management, Science and Information Technology streams of studies. So, NSC offers various TU affiliated programs including B.Sc. CSIT, BCA and BBM.
NSC envisions that up-to-date knowledge and technology are two of the most indispensable assets every student must possess to be successful in the ever-changing IT and Business environment. Keeping these aspects in the core, the college strives to enrich the students with the latest and most up- to-date values, cutting-edge knowledge, and skills in Science, Management and Information Technology, so that they are always leaders in life and competitive in job market.
To be related to its vision, NSC has always prioritized in the recruitment of dedicated and qualified faculty members who are able to lead the students to success in all walks of their life. Therefore, soft skills like the leadership, team-work, communication, critical thinking, positive attitude, innovative and problem-solving skills, work ethic, technical flexibility or adaptability and interpersonal skills have always been focused by the expert faculty of the college so that they not only accumulate knowledge in heads, but also become able to apply them into practical life. This evidence stands the college as student-centric and drives it apart from others in teaching and learning activities, thereby always prioritizing academic professionalism and research- based professional learning among the students.
These careful initiatives taken by the college unanimously draw attention to its endeavor towards the quality higher education that provides all learners with the abilities they need to become proactive and economically productive. Furthermore, it is also important that higher education should be accessible and affordable for everyone. Consequently, NSC gives equal opportunity to its students to make their dreams come true by empowering their minds and hearts irrespective of their economic and ethnic background. In this way, NSC is committed to attracting avid students from all backgrounds.
NSC backs the students’ urges to invent, create, explore and imagine which will allow them to express themselves and become accomplished and confident. The college also emphasises on social services and social responsibilities since its inception. Its constant involvement in a wide variety of projects and research works provides its students with ample exposure to practically take part in them on a regular basis. It is true that forced mental feeding and torturous lessons cannot help ignite imagination and intelligence nor can they kindle a strong motivation. So, education here revolves more around encouraging and inspiring students to awaken their desires to learn. Here, learning meets thinking and passion meets purpose to make them ready for tomorrow. As a result, NSC has been a favorite college for the students for their personal and professional growth in Information Technology, Computer Science and Management so as to mold its products to become job creators, not job seekers.
The standards of the College are substantiated by the outstanding results of TU Board Exams every year. As a result, the College has shaped a distinctive nationalidentity as the pioneering College in Nepal in the fields of Management and Information Technology. Consequently, THE NEW SUMMIT College has become one of the choices of students for further education in these fields. The best and brightest students from across the country are admitted every year to our College. The College Management is committed to continuing to offer an unforgettableacademic experience with a local to global approach so as to make them globally competent graduates. The students are encouraged to turn ideas into results, challenges into opportunities, and increase the range of their knowledge, understanding, and experience. They are also engaged in a wide variety of academic and extracurricular activities which help hone their sportsmanship and social skills. Also, the College organizes regular seminars, workshops, presentations, guest lectures, project works, field visits, and other various competitions in order to make them proficient in the related field.
The BSc.CSIT program along with BCA and BBM programs involves a great deal of practical and project works, researches, case studies based on Computer Science and Information Technology skills and students are motivated to apply to real-world problems. The recent emergence of global business, new technologies for data processing and data communication, networking environment equip specialized science graduates to focus on professional careers in Informational Technology.
The BSc.CSIT program provides the students with adequate theoretical andpractical knowledge that will enable students to effectively participate in solving the complex problems of IT industry. Similarly, the BCA program will produce system analysis’s, system managers, project managers, database administrators, system designers and programmers in IT companies, Information industries, and the BBM and BBS programs produces Business Consultants, Business ManagementProfessionals, Business Researchers, Finance Managers, Human Resource Managers, Information System Managers, Management Accountants, Marketing Managers,Production Managers, Research and Development Managers, etc.
Become an excellent educational institution in Nepal in the fields of IT, Management, Science and Social Sciences in order to provide quality education for socio-economic transformation.
- Provide affordable quality education, while equipping students with knowledge skills and values in their chosen programs.
- Develop future leaders, scientists, managers, entrepreneurs, IT developers and technical experts through innovative, creative, value-based and research-oriented teaching-learning activities.
- Instill a sense of social responsibility in the mind of new generation through social services.
- Empower students’ hearts and mind to prepare a successful workforce and job creators.
- Goal 1: Known as a college of academic excellence in teaching-learning and extra-curricular activities in the fields of Management and IT.
- Goal 2: Structurally support and value collaboration, research, interdisciplinarity and curricular flexibility.
- Goal 3: Become a model for student success, engagement and well-being by helping students develop their potentials.
- Goal 4: Increase enrollment and student retention and job placement.
- Goal 5: Enhance infrastructure to meet the needs of the college and workforce development.
Student Success: The college provides every student with various opportunities to excel.
- Optimize student support
- Develop efficient and innovative processes that promote retention and learning.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty, staff and student.
- Provide with technological mechanism as needed.
Service: The college’s purpose is to benefit our students and society through knowledge, and social services
- Provide exemplary customer services.
- Create an atmosphere which allows for employee growth.
- Promote financial sustainability, expand revenue sources and promote cost saving measure.
Innovation: The college consistently seek a better way by embracing challenges
- Enhance administrative structure that supports research activities
- Develop strategies that allow collaboration Diversity and Inclusion:
- Everyone is respected, included and given the opportunity to excel.
- A culture that promotes diversity and inclusion is built. Accountability: Integrity, transparency, excellence and the highest standards govern everything we do.
- Promote transparency and efficiency in all processes and procedures in the college and outside.
- Promote excellence in all processes and procedures to provide quality services.
Collaboration: The college seeks partnerships both within and beyond the college to enhance its actions and outcomes.
- Promote employee participation in community, college units and different organizations.
- Maximize opportunities offered through local, regional and international professional organizations.