- Fee:NPR 850,000
B.E Mechanical Engineering course of Kathmandu University is designed to produce mechanical engineers with strong technical knowledge, engineering projects handling techniques and as needed to the Nepalese industrial and technological market.
B.E Mechanical Engineering program in the first year consists of common inter-disciplinary foundation courses together with problem-oriented project courses. In the second, third and fourth year of the program, intensive courses in the field of specializations are offered.
From the academic year 2015, Kathmandu University has channelized its offered courses into 4 major subdivisions- Automobile, Design &Manufacturing, Energy Technology, and Hydropower.
- BE in Mechanical Engineering (Engineering Technology)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering (Design & Manufacturing)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering (Hydropower)
This also increased the number of intake from 60 to 120, with the vision of producing caliber graduates with specialization knowledge. This step is going to substantiate the degree of the prospective students who will be graduating as Mechanical Engineer with skill and proficiency in one of the 4 core areas. The subdivision is designed to provide students with field-specific knowledge along with common courses, however, this will not occlude the students from pursuing any field of mechanical engineering in future.
Why to study BE Mechanical Engineering?
The students will acquire knowledge and skill of Engineering, to initiate industrialization and to improve living standard of people in Nepal, to help harnessing hydro-power generation capabilities of Nepal through designing and developing different types and capacity of water turbines.
BE Mechanical Engineering course helps for industrial development through automation of machines and manufacturing processes, to design and develop user-friendly and environment-friendly consumer products, and to maintain equipments properly for longer life.
Fee Structure for 2022
The table below displays the total amount that each student must pay for the entire duration of their BE in Mechanical Engineering studies for the 2022 batch.
Please note that the fees listed in the table do not cover expenses such as hostel accommodation, transportation, and end-of-semester or compartment exam fees. Students will need to pay separate fees for these additional services, as determined by the management of Kathmandu University (KU).
8,50,000 (NRs Eight Lakhs Fifty Thousands Only)
Student From SAARC Nation
1.5 Times of Normal Fee i.e., NPR. 1,275,000
Students From OTHER Nation
2 Times of Normal Fee i.e., NPR. 1,700,000
The requirements to apply for the program are as folllows:
- A minimum score of second division marks in 10+2, PCL, Diploma or equivalent in relevant discipline Or, 10+2 Science/12 Science/ISC Minimum D+ grade in each subject of grade 12 with a CGPA 1.6 or more
- A minimum score of second division marks in 10+2, PCL, Diploma or equivalent in relevant discipline Or, 10+2 Science/12 Science/ISC
Application for admission to the program is generally invited in the beginning of July.
Candidates must have appeared in Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUCAT-CBT) and obtained the required threshold score in the test.
Admission will be offered on merit basis based on CBT score (rank) for both open and reserved (quota) seat categories.
Financial-Aid and Scholarship to study BE Mechanical Engineering:
Few scholarships are available to study BE Mechanical Engineering in Kathmandu University. Kathmandu University also provides few scholarship and financial aid for needy students.
Scopes of Mechanical Engineering
1. Mechanical engineers develop devices to harness energy from nature like fossil fuel, solar, wind, hydro and geothermal energy.
2. Mechanical engineers are the masters for handling industrial system like a mighty computer integrated manufacturing for helping organizations to be more effective and productive.
3. Mechanical engineering is integral part of Robotics Mechatronics and Machine Vision.
4. Mechanical engineers works in biomechanical engineering helping physicians to investigate not only the workings of the body but also designing aids for the people and instruments for automatic computer surgical.
5. Mechanical engineers utilize their knowledge in designing using Computer Aided Design tool (CAD).
6. Mechanical engineering possess automobile sector as a major branch.