- Fee:NPR 850,000
The subdivision of Energy Technology from Mechanical Engineering is designed to pay its part in the urgent need to change our thinking, application and energy usage pattern in regard to transforming the unsustainable exploitation of nonrenewable energy resources and converting them into energy units and services.
The cluster aims to re-direct our thinking and passion towards a more sustainable and holistic energy generation society, through tapping into the plentiful available alternative energy resources and transforming them through different energy technologies and applications into user-friendly energy units, for mankind’s holistic development and benefit.
It sees mankind as part of the whole ecosystem and as the jewel of creation, with the responsibility that comes along with: How we manage the available resources in such a way that we can give a responsible account for it. The cluster aims to equip professional people with some basic knowledge of most popular energy resources, renewable energy technologies and systems, their basic technological principles, their economics and their impact on the environment and how they can be integrated into our today’s and future world energy demands and systems.
Why Energy Technology
- To understand the national and global energy production and consumption scenario.
- To understand the basic behind conversion of energy resources to useful energy.
- To study and design different global renewable energy conversion and local indigenous renewable technologies.
- Design of solar home system, thermal systems, rural electrification from energy technologies.
- Study of Wind generators/turbines, biomass, etc.
- Energy management, conservation and environment impacts of energy usage.
Fee Structure for 2022
The table below displays the total amount that each student must pay for the entire duration of their BE in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Technology) studies for the 2022 batch.
Please note that the fees listed in the table do not cover expenses such as hostel accommodation, transportation, and end-of-semester or compartment exam fees. Students will need to pay separate fees for these additional services, as determined by the management of Kathmandu University (KU).
8,50,000 (NRs Eight Lakhs Fifty Thousands Only)
Student From SAARC Nation
1.5 Times of Normal Fee i.e., NPR. 1,275,000
Students From OTHER Nation
2 Times of Normal Fee i.e., NPR. 1,700,000
- Must have taken PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) in both XI and XII (or equivalent)
- Minimum grade of C individually in each course.
- If the student has been evaluated in percentage system, minimum 50% in aggregate of PCM and minimum 50% in total aggregate.
Candidates must appear in Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUCAT-CBT) and obtain the required threshold score in the test to be eligible for admission.
Admission will be offered on merit basis based on CBT score (rank) for both open and reserved (quota) seat categories.
- Government office (Nepal Electricity Authority,; Ministry of Energy), Energy plants, and Thermal plants.
- Research laboratories, NGOs and INGOs, and Academic institutions