- Fee: NPR 800000
The subdivision of Energy Technology from Mechanical Engineering is designed to pay its part in the urgent need to change our thinking, application and energy usage pattern in regard to transforming the unsustainable exploitation of nonrenewable energy resources and converting them into energy units and services.
The cluster aims to re-direct our thinking and passion towards a more sustainable and holistic energy generation society, through tapping into the plentiful available alternative energy resources and transforming them through different energy technologies and applications into user-friendly energy units, for mankind’s holistic development and benefit.
It sees mankind as part of the whole ecosystem and as the jewel of creation, with the responsibility that comes along with: How we manage the available resources in such a way that we can give a responsible account for it. The cluster aims to equip professional people with some basic knowledge of most popular energy resources, renewable energy technologies and systems, their basic technological principles, their economics and their impact on the environment and how they can be integrated into our today’s and future world energy demands and systems.
Why Energy Technology
- To understand the national and global energy production and consumption scenario.
- To understand the basic behind conversion of energy resources to useful energy.
- To study and design different global renewable energy conversion and local indigenous renewable technologies.
- Design of solar home system, thermal systems, rural electrification from energy technologies.
- Study of Wind generators/turbines, biomass, etc.
- Energy management, conservation and environment impacts of energy usage.
- Must have taken PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) in both XI and XII (or equivalent)
- Minimum grade of C individually in each course.
- If the student has been evaluated in percentage system, minimum 50% in aggregate of PCM and minimum 50% in total aggregate.
- Government office (Nepal Electricity Authority,; Ministry of Energy), Energy plants, and Thermal plants.
- Research laboratories, NGOs and INGOs, and Academic institutions