- Fee:NPR 850,000
Automobile in Mechanical Engineering is synonymous with creativity and innovation to adopt modern automobile technology. With the skill ranging from mechanical design, electronic systems, manufacturing techniques and management, Automobile engineering is increasing globally in its outlook and multidisciplinary operation to learn about transport efficiency, sustainability issues and vehicle systems diagnosis.
Automobile will play role in solving the energy crisis through the creation of hybrid vehicles and other related technology on a global level. Automobile looks at ways to enable vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communication to increase safety and security in new forms of transport.
- For Designing, Developing, Repairing, Testing, Manufacturing and Servicing to improve existing components of automobile.
- To focused on the application of principles to develop economical and sustainable automotive designs
- Communicate on a global level to solve automobile engineering problems
- Resolve engineering problems and find appropriate solutions by applying mechanical, thermodynamic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical principles.
- Design new products and improve existing one
- Research and Development of Hybrid Technology
- Planning and designing new production process
Fee Structure for 2022
The table below displays the total amount that each student must pay for the entire duration of their BE in Mechanical Engineering (Automobile) studies for the 2022 batch.
Please note that the fees listed in the table do not cover expenses such as hostel accommodation, transportation, and end-of-semester or compartment exam fees. Students will need to pay separate fees for these additional services, as determined by the management of Kathmandu University (KU).
8,50,000 (NRs Eight Lakhs Fifty Thousands Only)
Student From SAARC Nation
1.5 Times of Normal Fee
Students From OTHER Nation
2 Times of Normal Fee
- Must have taken PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) in both XI and XII (or equivalent)
- Minimum grade of C individually in each course.
- If the student has been evaluated in percentage system, minimum 50% in aggregate of PCM and minimum 50% in total aggregate.
Candidates must appear in Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUCAT-CBT) and obtain the required threshold score in the test to be eligible for admission.
Admission will be offered on merit basis based on CBT score (rank) for both open and reserved (quota) seat categories.
- Pursue higher course and thereby get induced in R & D
- Medium to large scale entrepreneurship with plenty of new feature
- Taking responsibility for individual projects, managing associated budgets, production schedules and resources
- Supervising quality control with safety and security of new form of transport