- Fee: NPR 800,000
Hydropower has always played a cardinal role in sufficing rural and urban populace with elementary lighting facilities and basic energy requirements for household as well as in meeting energy demand at national level.
The development and growth of hydropower in Nepal has been significantly rising in recent days due to the increasing demand of electricity and establishment of newer power plants to meet the same. In addition to the larger national projects, many small scale and rural community based hydels are emerged as a boom in terms of rural electrification.
The Bachelor degree program in Mechanical Engineering (Hydropower) encompasses all the basics of hydropower, the engineering behind different components, installation, maintenance and policies. The course covers fundamentals of hydropower generation, different hydromechanical components and ancillaries of a hydropower plant, the design aspects of such mechanical equipment and hydro turbines. The course is complemented by the lab works and field visits.
• To gain a deeper understanding about working of hydropower plants, its different components
• Learn the design strategy of hydro mechanical components and turbines
• Installation, maintenance, testing and related research
• Working of hydropower plants, micro-hydro plants
• Design and application of different hydro turbines
• Energy policies, components design
• Labwork assisted lectures
• Guest lectures from experts
- Must have taken PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) in both XI and XII (or equivalent)
- Minimum grade of C individually in each course.
- If the student has been evaluated in percentage system, minimum 50% in aggregate of PCM and minimum 50% in total aggregate.
• Hydropower plants, powerhouse
• Manufacturing industries
• Research laboratories
• Higher studies in design and analysis
• Consultants to companies and clients