BE Computer is a four-year (eight semester), 143 credit hours academic program of Purbanchal University, which gives knowledge and expertise to interact with latest technology. It incorporates intensive laboratory assignments that give significant experience with state-of-the-art facilities and design tools. Seven (7) Engineering Colleges of Nepal offers Bachelor of Computer Engineering (BE Computer) course with affiliation from Purbanchal University. Total number of BE Computer seats at Purbanchal University is 350.
The Bachelor of Computer Engineering program of Purbanchal University focuses on the design and application of computer system. The program integrates the study of Computer Science and Electronics Engineering.
The strong theoretical foundation with sufficient practical exposure prepares students to solve real world problems, combining ideas from engineering, basic sciences with economics and sociology.
Objectives of Bachelor of Computer Engineering Program of Purbanchal University:
- Provide in depth study of hardware and software system.
- Impart knowledge to invent and deploy ideas for solving real life problem.
- Train to analyze, design and develop computer-based systems in different areas of development.
- Prepare students for research in recent technologies for future development.
- Develop entrepreneurship skills.
- Build up sound presentation and communication skills.
Must have secured C+ Grade in all subjects in +2 or equivalent
Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) are eligible to apply for the admission in Bachelor of Computer Engineering program under Purbanchal University.
Following career options are available for the students who have passed Bachelor in Computer Engineering program
- Computer Engineers have excellent opportunities in different industries including software, hardware, electronics, electrical and telecommunications.
- Computer Engineers are most preferred personnel to be employed in the industries where computer systems (both systems software and hardware) are manufactured. They possess enough technical skills to hold positions as System Analyst, Programmers, Product Managers, System Administrators, Database Administrator and Web Developers.
- Lucrative opportunities for these graduates are open in the universities research worldwide.
BE Computer Program Structure
- Engineering Math-1
- Elements and Devices of Computing technology Physics
- Engineering Drawing
- Communicative English
- Computer programming
- Workshop Technology
- Engineering Math-II
- Applied Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
- Digital Logic
- Engineering Math-III
- Information System Design
- Electronic Devices & Circuit
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Computer Organization and Design
- Database Management System
- Free and Open Source Programs
- Discrete Mathematics
- Communication System
- Applied Sociology
- Numerical Method
- Algorithm Analysis and Design
- Computer Graphics
- Operating System
- Research Methodology
- Project and Organization Management
- Theory of Computation
- Multimedia Technology
- Computer Network
- Probability and Statistics
- Engineering Economics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Simulation and Modeling
- Data mining and Data warehousing
- Engineering Professional Practice
- Advance Computer Architecture
- Elective II