United Technical College is an engineering college located in Bharatpur, Chitwan. It was established in 2066 B.S. and is affiliated to Pokhara University. United Technical College has long run expectation to prepare itself as human resources producing institution in the field of engineering technology at different levels such as bachelors and masters program in different discipline.
Since its establishment, the youths from outside the valley region have taken full advantage and are continually enrolling in different engineering disciplines offered by the college.
It caters Bachelor level engineering program in Civil Engineering (96 Seats ), Electrical and Electronics (48 Seats). It looks after the academic are of consultancy services, research and developmental activities in the engineering field.
The vision of the U-TEC is to move forward as the center of higher education, by improving on intellectual capacity through activities in scientific and technical education, research and outreach.
It strives to serve as valuable resources for fulfilling demand of quality technical human resources in the area of civil services, industry and society; and remain a source of pride for the Nation and contribute in economic growth of the country by producing quality technical human resources.
- To provide students best opportunities and environment of learning and help them to attain high level of academic quality, scientific aspiration, technical and self-employment professional competence and skills.
- To prepare and train students to serve the society and the people, enhance the design quality of engineering works and improve the life and to comprehend the need for ethical standards in personal, social and public life.
- To help the students to conduct different types of research in engineering, write research reports and prepare papers for presenting in conferences and seminars in engineering and technology related issues of national and public interest.
- To train the students for providing necessary technical and consultancy services as demanded by the government, private sectors, NGOs and INGOs.
- To enhance the knowledge and practical skills of the students by providing training in latest job oriented technology.
- To produce engineering human resources in the field of engineering from bachelor to master levels in the different engineering discipline.
- To conduct different types of research studies, conferences and seminars in the issues of national interests on engineering sectors with mobilizing wide partnership.
- To provide necessary technical and consultancy services as demanded by the government of Nepal, private sectors, NGOs and INGOs.
- Academic integrity and accountability.
- Respect and tolerance for the views of every individual.
- Attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.
- Breadth of understanding, including knowledge of the human sciences.
- Appreciation to intellectual excellence and creativity.
- An unfettered spirit of exploration, rationality and enterprise.