We have one of the most experienced teams of faculty members with almost all having more than 10 years of experience in the field of engineering education.
Commitment to Excellence
With state-of-the-art laboratories and research centers, faculty and students engage in vital areas of research and technology transfer, pursuing some of the most important education initiatives and engineering research of our time. The College's commitment to excellence is evidenced by the success of our faculty and students.
Training and Placement Unit
Sagarmatha has a dedicated Training and Placement Unit to make sure that out graduates have professional skills needed to compete in the professional market.
Every student is a human. But the System treats them otherwise. Our faculty members and staffs understand the problems we face at this age and help our students channelize their thoughts to achieve their dreams. All our students have different dreams that the civilized world will approve and appreciate and give our best to give the human connect that makes our students stronger.
We all are proud studying engineering. Every year, there are at least a million engineers graduating from every stream imaginable. Yet, only a handful of them are capable enough to convert their knowledge into something useful - a solution to one of our problems. So we make sure that every student study with only an intention of solving a problem at hand. It could be something simple to something truly revolutionary. But again, this must not be criteria to compare two students. Instead it must be criteria for the student to do something that solves a real-life problem.
Teaching/learning is based on lectures, seminars and personal tutorials focusing in an approach in which our students get to learn knowledge and skills applicable in real life and be able to evaluate what is for and what is against humanity and professional ethics. We create an environment where every one of us can learn and contribute towards betterment of the world as a whole.
We believe we can help improve our lives and make the world a better place. And there are so many things other than academics. Innovation and creativity are the key ingredients, along with sports and recreation making a perfect formula for an extraordinary life.
- Students who have passed the entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Engineering (IoE), T.U., can only apply for admission at Sagarmatha Engineering College. Students are selected strictly on a merit basis from amongst the applicants.
- To be eligible to appear in the IoE entrance exam, one must have secured a minimum of 45 % marks in +2 Science or A Level or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and two papers of Mathematics (200 Marks).
- One who has appeared in the final examination of +2 Science or equivalent can also apply.
- Foreign students are eligible for full-fee schemes only.
10 % of the total seats available in each program has been reserved for female students.
Candidates, who are successful in the IoE entrance examination, are to proceed as following:
- Collect the admission form available at Sagarmatha Engineering College.
- Fill and submit the form along with the necessary documents listed below:
- Original copy of IoE entrance exam score card
- Copy of citizenship certificate
- Copy of mark sheet and character certificate (of SLC or equivalent)
- Copy of mark sheet and character certificate (of +2/ I.SC./ I.E. or equivalent)
- Original copy of migration certificate
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- One Passport size photograph each of parents and local guardian
- You should bring the original and get your copy attested at the time of submission by the admission officer/ college official.
- Candidates in the merit list published by the college are eligible for the admission.
- Note: Subsequent merit lists may be published upon availability of seats.
Based on rules and regulations of Institute of Engineering, T. U., 10% of students enrolled at Sagarmatha Engineering College are considered for scholarship.
Apart from this, Sagarmatha has a unique yet wonderful tradition of recognizing and awarding the students with excellent scholastic performance. We name this tradition as “Academic excellence award” which is a biannual program in which the students from each faculty are awarded if they are able to secure any of the top three positions in university exam.