Sagarmatha College of Science and Technology is located at Sanepa, Lalitpur. It was established by a group of professionals dedicated to excellence in IT education in the year 2011, under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University.
Training and Placement unit
Sagarmatha College of Science and Technology aims to ensure hundred percent placements of its graduates. It realizes that academic performance of the students alone is not sufficient for a decent employment in today’s highly competitive market and it, therefore, emphasizes on an overall personal and professional development of its students. With an objective to enhance an overall personal and professional development of the students and with a view to preparing them fully to compete in the job market, it has established a separate unit called Training and Placement Unit (TPU).
Research & Development unit
College seeks to explore and encourage the research enthusiasm of faculty and students. Research and development unit focuses on building the sustainable research platform and contributing to the development of engineering sector as a whole. This unit ensures that the students are not deprived of the international norms and standards of teaching methodology in which research is the integral part.
The laboratories at Sagarmatha are equipped with the state-of-the art instruments and equipment. Students have access to the laboratories even during off campus hours. The college encourages students to indulge in research activities, and with the set-up it has, the students have a great opportunity here to sharpen their skills.
This unit of the college constantly monitors students on an individual basis. The unit has a special mechanism to spot students who might be facing problems (academic/non-academic) and work closely with them to help them tackle their problems.
In addition to the reference books available in the college library, students can hold one textbook per subject per semester. The attempt of the college is to make sure students are not devoid of any books that they might require. At the same time, it encourages students to start a private collection of relevant books of their own.
Extra coaching classes
In addition to the regular classes that run as per the college schedule, special coaching classes are arranged by the college for students who are facing difficulties in any particular subject. These classes are conducted by the college during off-college hours without any extra financial burden on the students.
There’s no question that we have a sophisticated, high-tech campus. Whether in the classrooms, labs, drawing halls, or public areas, the college provided free, direct, high-speed computing access that is hard to beat. All computers and laboratories are connected to the internet. Students can also enjoy round the clock Wi-Fi facilities within college premises.
To encourage students’ participation in extracurricular activities, the college maintains basketball and volleyball courts. Badminton and table tennis facilities are also available. The college also motivates students to indulge in creative writing and publish their thoughts and feelings.
Stationary & photocopy service
The college houses the stationary and photocopy center where the students can have access to relevant lecture notes and hand outs and stationary items. It facilitates binding, lamination, printing and photocopy and related services for the students.
The college cafeteria serves snacks, lunch and dinner. Hygiene in the cafeteria is constantly monitored by the college management committee, and it is made sure that the prices of the food items available are reasonable.
For B. Sc. CSIT
- Students who have passed the entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Science and Technology (IoST), T.U. can only apply for admission.
- To be eligible to appear in the entrance exam, one must have secured a minimum of 45 % marks in +2 Science or equivalent. Students from Biology group can also apply.
- One who has appeared in the final examination of +2 Science or equivalent can also apply.
Candidates, who are successful in the IoST entrance examination, are to proceed as following:
- Verify your eligibility for admission as per the requirements of IoST
- Download the score card from https://tuiost.edu.np/
- Fill-up the priority form at http://entrance.tuiost.edu.np/
- Wait for the First Merit list to be publshed
Documents Required for Priority form
- Bank Voucher (GLOBAL IME counter payment) OR Deposite Slip (e-banking/eSewa/ConnectIPS payment)
- Recent Passport Size Photo
- Academic Transcript (Grade 11-12 both included OR Grade 12 Transcript & Grade 11 Marksheet OR Equivalent) - in pdf format
- Equivalence Certificate (if required)
- Marksheet (SLC/SEE or Equivalent)
- Citizenship Certificate OR Valid ID Card (only information)
- Scanned Copy of Candidate's Signature (png format)
Photo (Image) Instructions
- Photo must be in good focus with MRP standard.
- Photograph must be recently taken. Not older than six months.
- Head position of the applicant when photographed must directly face the camera.
- Applicant’s head should not be tilted up, down, or to the side, and must be front-faced.
- Applicant’s head should cover about 30% to 50% of the area of the photo.
- Background of the applicant when photographed must be in front of a neutral, light-colored plain background. Background with dark or patterns will not be accepted.
- The applicant when photographed must not wear objects like sunglasses or any other decorative items that can detract from the face can't be accepted. However simple spectacles with plain glass can be used while taking photograph.
- It is highly recommended not to wear head coverings or hats while taking photograph. But if someone has to wear then it should not obscure any portion of the applicant’s face.
The College offers a number of scholarships to the deserving students at the time of admission.
- Tribhuvan University
- private Institution
- +977-1-5911274 , +977-1-5911275 , +977-1-5436765