Training and placement unit:
Sagarmatha College of Science and Technology aims to ensure hundred percent placements of its graduates. It realizes that academic performance of the students alone is not sufficient for a decent employment in today’s highly competitive market and it, therefore, emphasizes on an overall personal and professional development of its students. With an objective to enhance an overall personal and professional development of the students and with a view to preparing them fully to compete in the job market, it has established a separate unit called Training and Placement Unit (TPU).
Regular field visits are arranged by the college when and where needed. These filed visits are aimed at making students acquainted with the real time scenarios of what they have learned in class room and text books.
Research & development unit:
College seeks to explore and encourage the research enthusiasm of faculty and students. Research and development unit focuses on building the sustainable research platform and contributing to the development of engineering sector as a whole. This unit ensures that the students are not deprived of the international norms and standards of teaching methodology in which research is the integral part.
The laboratories at Sagarmatha are equipped with the state-of-the art instruments and equipment. Students have access to the laboratories even during off campus hours. The college encourages students to indulge in research activities, and with the set-up it has, the students have a great opportunity here to sharpen their skills.
This unit of the college constantly monitors students on an individual basis. The unit has a special mechanism to spot students who might be facing problems (academic/non-academic) and work closely with them to help them tackle their problems.
In addition to the reference books available in the college library, students can hold one textbook per subject per semester. The attempt of the college is to make sure students are not devoid of any books that they might require. At the same time, it encourages students to start a private collection of relevant books of their own.
Extra coaching classes:
In addition to the regular classes that run as per the college schedule, special coaching classes are arranged by the college for students who are facing difficulties in any particular subject. These classes are conducted by the college during off-college hours without any extra financial burden on the students.
There’s no question that we have a sophisticated, high-tech campus. Whether in the classrooms, labs, drawing halls, or public areas, the college provided free, direct, high-speed computing access that is hard to beat. All computers and laboratories are connected to the internet. Students can also enjoy round the clock Wi-Fi facilities within college premises.
To encourage students’ participation in extracurricular activities, the college maintains basketball and volleyball courts. Badminton and table tennis facilities are also available. The college also motivates students to indulge in creative writing and publish their thoughts and feelings.
Stationary & photocopy service:
The college houses the stationary and photocopy center where the students can have access to relevant lecture notes and hand outs and stationary items. It facilitates binding, lamination, printing and photocopy and related services for the students.
The college cafeteria serves snacks, lunch and dinner. Hygiene in the cafeteria is constantly monitored by the college management committee, and it is made sure that the prices of the food items available are reasonable.
- Students who have passed the entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Science and Technology (IoST), T.U. can only apply for admission at Sagarmatha College of Science and Technology.
- To be eligible to appear in the entrance exam, one must have secured a minimum of 45 % marks in +2 Science or equivalent. Students from Biology group can also apply.
- One who has appeared in the final examination of +2 Science or equivalent can also apply.
Candidates, who are successful in the IoST entrance examination, are to proceed as following:
- Collect the admission form available at Sagarmatha College of Science and Technology.
- Fill and submit the form along with the necessary documents listed below:
- Copy of citizenship certificate
- Copy of mark sheet and character certificate (of SLC or equivalent)
- Copy of mark sheet and character certificate (of +2/I.SC./ I.E. or equivalent)
- Original copy of migration certificate
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- One Passport size photograph each of parents and local guardian
- You should bring the original and get your copy attested at the time of submission by the admission officer/college official.
- The College offers a number of scholarships to the deserving students at the time of admission.
- Admitted student with highest score in entrance exam is awarded with semester scholarship.