Master of Business Management (MBM) program is a full time rigorous academic program in management that enables students to learn the subject matter in depth to have high level of specialist knowledge in a short time.MBM program specifically aims to develop executives capable of managing the emerging business sectors in developing economies. This program is designed to provide students with an exciting and challenging learning experience.
MBM program develops the core business skills that graduates will need in their future careers. MBM program develops the graduates' management skills on the basis of a good understanding of the economic, social, political environment both at the national and global levels. MBM program encourages a culture of learning, reflection and development through the program's curricular and co-curricular activities.
The mission of the MBM program is to deliver a program of excellence in the field of advanced business management. The program delivers a core set of advanced integrated curriculum with global perspective using evolving technology platforms to facilitate and support the learning process. MBM program is structured to provide businesses a pipeline of talented and energized professionals who will add immediate value for their organization and the communities they serve.
The specific objectives of the MBM program are:
- To develop the core business skills that contributes to develop an efficient and capable manpower for the business, government and social sectors.
- To provide high calibrated business graduates with a solid foundation in understanding what business operation is all about while developing the skills and awareness needed to be successful business leaders, managers, and entrepreneurs.
- To develop capable executives for emerging business sectors in developing economics.
- To offer a broader understanding of management issues along with appropriate skills and techniques.
Program Highlights- Master of Business Management (MBM)
- First advanced business management degree
- Semester system
- Research based management degree
- Practical based skill development program
- Commitment of highly experienced faculty of management
- Designed according to the need of the country and the international trend in management education.
- Student centered teaching-learning method
- World-wide acceptable curricular structure
- Blend of MBA and MBS program
- Sectoral Excellence
The MBM program is based on student centered learning approach. The general teaching methodology of the program includes interactive sessions, students' presentations, case studies, individual and group protects, seminars, and practicum. The teaching faculty determines the appropriate teaching learning methods as suitable to the individual course.
At the very beginning of the session of the 1st semester, an orientation program shall be conducted by CDM to prepare familiarize the students for the intensive work load they are gong to handle. In addition, non-credit soft skills classes are also conducted for the overall soft skill development of the students
As part of the course, an industrial tour of 3 to 4 days will be conducted in some industrial areas either in or outside Kathmandu valley for exposing them to organizational reality in the context of Nepal. Students are required to take part and submit written reports of their visits. The CDM will bear lodging and transportation costs for the industrial tour and all other costs will be borne by students themselves.
The performance of a student in the MBM program shall be made on a four point scale ranging from 0 to 4.
The passing grade in the semester-end examination for an Individual paper shall be grade '8 minus' or GPA of 2.7 (50 percent).
In order to qualify receiving MBM degree, the student must secure a minimum of Grade 'B' or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0.
The following table presents the Letter Grade, CGPA, percentage equivalent and Performance Remarks for the program:
|Grade||CGPA||% Equivalent||Performance Remarks|
|A||4.0||90 and above||Distinction|
|B||3.0||60- 69.9||Second Division|
|B-||2.7||50- 59.9||Pass in individual course|
Students who do not qualify to appear in the semester-end examinations or failed in individual course will have to re-register and retake the course as per the semester cycle.
BBS, BBA or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum score of second division marks.
The applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible to apply for the MBM program:
1. A minimum of 15 years' formal education (12 years of schooling plus three years of graduation)
2. Must have secured a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or 45 percent in Bachelors level.
Students applying for the MBM program must fill in the application blank with all details of their personal information and past academic records. The completed form must submit to the college with the payment of test fee and the selection of students shall be based on a three-stage screening process that includes written test, individual presentation, and personal interview.
Faculty of Management shall conduct a four staged admission tests to appropriately screen the applicants. The applicants shall be screened in each of the following stages.
Written Test: This test shall be based on the GMAT and GRE format. The duration of the test will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Group Discussion: Groups discuss on a given topic. Performance of applicants is recorded by a panel of judges based on leadership, logic, and other traits.
Individual Presentation: Applicants are required to present their views and opinions on a given topic before panel of judges.
Personal Interview: Personal interview is taken to measure the applicant's motivation level, attitude, aptitude, and capability to handle the pressure and rigors of the program.
FOM reserves the final authority in the selection of the candidates for the program.
The final decision on admission is taken on the basis of performance scores of an applicant in the admission tests.
Students applying for the MBM program must fill in the application form with all details of their personal information and past academic records. The application from is available from the CDM reception during office hours.
The application form can also be downloaded from the website: https://www.fomecd.edu.np/
The completed application along with the transcripts and certificates should be submitted to the CDM within the time as specified in the notice.
At the time of submission of application form, students are required to pay Rs. 1,500 as fee for admission test.
This fee must be deposited in the account of CDM (account no. 04500100099012000001) in Nepal Bank Limited and the deposit voucher must be attached with the completed application form.
MBM program is two year semester program. The course has been divided into four categories: core, concentration, elective courses, and research project. The core courses in the MBM program is anchored by 13 required, rigorous and integrated course modules with 39 credit hours that promote a general-management perspective and that provide a framework for the more function-specific courses that follow. The core course modules are as follows:
- Emerging Concepts in Management
- Statistics and Computer-assisted Data Analysis
- Managerial Accounting and Control
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Global Economy and International Business
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations and Supply-Chain Management
- Business Research Methodology
- Sectoral Management Elective
- Concentration I
- Concentration II
- Concentration III
- Business Environment and Corporate Governance
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- Sectoral Management Elective II
- Research Project (6 Cr. Hrs.)