Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is of three years, six semesters program run by CTEVT in Nepal.
It is designed to produce middle level competent technical workforce equipped with knowledge and skills related to the specialization areas of Product Design, Maintenance Engineering, Power Generation Engineering and Industrial Engineering under mechanical engineering so as to meet the demand of such workforce in the country and to contribute in the national streamline of poverty reduction of this country of Nepal.
Currently 5 different Technical schools are given affiliation by CTEVT to offer diploma in Mechanical Engineering program. Annual enrollment capacity of Nepalese colleges in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is 204 students.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course of CTEVT has following objectives:
1 To produce middle level competent technical workforce/human resource (Technical and Supervisory staffs) in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in the following areas;
· Product Design
· Maintenance Engineering
· Power Generation Engineering
· Industrial Engineering
2. To prepare such technicians who are able to work in the local industrial settings of the country.
3. To prepare such technical workforce who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
4. To help meet the demand of such technical workforce for the industries of Nepal.
5. To reduce the dependence on employing such technicians from foreign countries.
Secured at least grade C in Compulsory Mathematics, and Compulsory Science and Grade D+ in English in School leaving Certificate (SLC) examination from recognized academic institution.
Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission on the basis of merit.