Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering (DRAE) program is offered by the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) affiliated technical schools in Nepal. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering is a prominent discipline in the engineering sector, with growing demand worldwide. This program is designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills in mechanical engineering, specifically focusing on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning technology.
The DRAE program aims to meet the demand for middle-level technical workforce in the country, both in public and private sectors. By providing a comprehensive curriculum, this program creates opportunities for wage employment and self-employment in the field. Whether you aspire to work in developed, developing, or underdeveloped countries, the skills gained from this program will enable you to contribute to the development of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning sector.
The three-year program consists of six semesters. In the first year, you will focus on foundational and core subjects of engineering, including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, as well as language subjects like Nepali and English for effective communication. The second year delves deeper into basic disciplinary subjects of Mechanical Engineering and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering. Finally, in the third year, you will study advanced disciplinary subjects, with provision for elective subjects to cater to specific interests and needs.
To enhance practical knowledge and real-world application, the DRAE program emphasizes industrial attachment and major projects in the third year. This hands-on experience allows you to apply the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the program, preparing you for the challenges of the industry.
The curriculum structure of the DRAE program is designed to produce competent and highly employable technical workforce in the field of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering. The subject-wise content covers a wide range of topics, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the field.
By enrolling in the DRAE program, you are embarking on a journey towards a rewarding career in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning industry. The skills and knowledge you acquire will not only fulfill individual aspirations but also contribute to meeting national and international needs in this field.
The program aims to produce mid-level technical human resources equipped with knowledge and skills in allied fields of study.
This curriculum has the following objectives:
- Prepare mid-level competent workforce in the related field.
- Prepare such technicians who are able to work in the automobile sector related local workshop and industrial settings of the country.
- Meet the demand of such technical workforce for the automobile industries of Nepal.
- Reduce the dependence on employing such technicians from foreign countries. 5. Prepare technical workforce demonstrating positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
- Create self-employment opportunities.
The group size is a maximum of 48 students.
- SLC pass or SEE or equivalent with minimum C Grade (2.0 Grade Point) in Mathematics and Science and 1.6 Grade Point or equivalent in English and as per the provisions mentioned in the admission guidelines of Office of the Controller of Examinations, CTEVT.
- Pre-diploma in related subject or equivalent with minimum 68.33%.
- Pass the entrance examination administered by CTEVT.
The total duration of this curricular program is three years. Each year consists of two semesters of six months. Moreover, one semester consists of 19.5 academic weeks including an evaluation period. Actual teaching learning Hrs will be not less than 15 weeks in each semester. The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali.