This curriculum of Diploma in Electrical Engineering is of three years duration with six semesters based on the semester system.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering course of CTEVT is designed to produce middle level competent electrical workforce equipped with knowledge and skills related to the specialization areas of Product Design, Maintenance Engineering, Power Generation Engineering and Industrial Engineering under Electrical engineering so as to meet the demand of such workforce in the country and to contribute in the national streamline of poverty reduction of this country of Nepal.
Currently 16 different Technical schools are given affiliation by CTEVT to offer diploma in Electrical Engineering course. Annual enrollment capacity of Nepalese colleges in Diploma in Electrical Engineering is 732 students.
Course Objectives of Diploma in Electrical Engineering:
This curriculum has following Course Objectives:
1. To produce middle level competent electrical workforce/human resource (Technical and Supervisory staffs) in Electrical Engineering with specialization in the following areas;
2. To prepare such electrical technicians who are able to work in the local industrial settings of the country.
3. To prepare such electrical workforce who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
4. To help to meet the demand of such electrical workforce for the industries of Nepal.
5. To reduce the dependence on employing electrical technicians from foreign countries.
Secured at least grade C in Compulsory Mathematics, and Compulsory Science and Grade D+ in English in School leaving Certificate (SLC) examination from recognized academic institution.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Curriculum: CTEVT
|Semester and Courses||Semester and Courses|
Engineering Mathematics I
Engineering Physics I
Engineering Drawing I
Engineering Chemistry I
Workshop Practice I
Engineering Mathematics II
Engineering Physics II
Engineering Drawing II
Engineering Chemistry II
Workshop Practice II
Computer Application I
Safety Rules and Regulation
Principles of Electrical Engineering
Civil Construction and Survey
Electrical and Electronics
Electric Circuit Theory
Elements of Engineering Economics
Electrical Installation I
Electrical Engineering Drawing I
Computer Aided Drawing
Electronic Device and Logic Circuits
Electrical Installation II
Electrical Engineering Drawing II
Electrical Machines I
Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments
Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Power
Design Estimating and Costing
Switch Gear and Protections
Electrical Machines II
Utilization of Electrical Energy
Control System Components
Electrical Repair and Maintenance I
Organization and Management
Power System Operation and Maintenance
Electrical Repair and Maintenance II