This course is based on the job required to perform by an electronics technician at different related industries and organizations in Nepal. The diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering program extends over three years. Each year is divided into two semesters. There are six semesters within the period of three years. This curriculum includes the core subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics applicable in the field of engineering. It also includes Nepali and English subjects for the communication. The course structure and the subject wise contents that reflect the details of the curriculum. In short, the aim of this curriculum is to produce competent and highly employable middle level technical workforce in the field of electronics engineering. The contents of individual subjects prescribed in the curriculum are incorporated in the light of "must to know and must to do" principle.
This curriculum has following objectives:
1. To produce middle level competent technical workforce/human resource (Technical and Supervisory staffs) in Electronics Engineering with specialization in the following areas;
· Digital electronics, and
· Medical equipment (electronics)
2. To prepare such technicians who are able to work in the local industrial settings of the country.
3. To prepare such technical workforce who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values.
4. To help meet the demand of such technical workforce for the industries of Nepal.
5. To reduce the dependence on employing such technicians from foreign countries.
Secured at least grade C in Compulsory Mathematics, and Compulsory Science and Grade D+ in English in School leaving Certificate (SLC) examination from recognized academic institution.
- SLC or equivalent with English, Science, and Mathematics or related TSLC
- Should pass the entrance examination.
- Physically fit for the program.
Selection: Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria are selected for admission on the basis of merit.
After the completion of this Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering course, a student will gain knowledge in basic electronics field and will gain knowledge in television broadcasting, FM and AM radio broadcasting, wireless mobile communication, telecommunication equipments and electrical equipment like transformer, solar energy system and computer.
Employment avenues exist in radio, television, telecommunication and airline. Self employment opportunities are also rapidly increasing in this field.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Curriculum: CTEVT
|Semester and Courses||Semester and Courses|
Engineering Mathematics I
Engineering Physics I
Engineering Drawing I
Engineering Chemistry I
Workshop Technology I
Engineering Mathematics II
Engineering Physics II
Engineering Drawing II
Engineering Chemistry II
Workshop Technology II
Introduction to Computer
Electronic Device and Circuits I
Electronic Devices and Circuits II
Engineering Mathematics III
Electronic Fabrication Techniques
Network Filters and Transmission Lines
Principles of Communication Engineering
Electronic Device and Circuits III
Introduction to Microprocessors
Electronics Instruments and Measurement
Instrumentation and Control
Basic Medical Electronics Troubleshooting
Maintenance of Electronic Equipments
Imaging Technology and Equipment
Product Design and Development
Integrated Digital Electronics
Medical Electronic- I
Medical Electronic- II
Major Project (Industry based)