Bachelor of information technology (BIT) is one of the most sought-after and popular degrees in the world. Gandaki University (GU) designed the BIT program in order to give students a comprehensive IT education platform as well as a sufficient number of skilled graduates for professional business, commerce, and research. The BIT course is designed with the aim to hone the student’s ability with world-class knowledge in advance theoretical and real practical aspects.
Gandaki university has made the provision for scholarships that will be governed through University Development Fund (UDF). few seats are reserved under various quotas for the same.
- Provincial quota: To be eligible for scholarship under this quota, the candidate should have completed SEE (previously SLC) from any community school in Gandaki Province completely run from government funding. To apply under such quota, candidates are required to produce certification of the same from any government unit or respective metropolis/ sub-metropolis/ municipality or rural municipality.
- Ethnic quota: Certificate proving the ethnic status issued by Indigenous Nationality Commission or federal/provincial/local authority is required to apply under this quota.
- Madhesi quota: Certificate proving the Madhesi status issued by Madhesi commission or federal/provincial/local authority is required to apply under this quota.
- Dalit quota: Certificate proving the Dalit status issued by National Dalit commission or federal/provincial/local authority is required to apply under this quota.
- Staff quota: Relationship certificate clarifying the relationship (husband/wife, daughter, son) of the applicant with the respective faculty/staff or the University's recommendation letter, citizenship certificate, and another recommendation letter from the respective faculty are required to apply under this quota.
Besides above mentioned quotas, seats are also reserved for female students as per the guidance of University Development Fund (UDF).
Note: Applicants interested to apply under any of the above quotas are required to select respective quota while filling the online application form. Applicants are also required to submit the original copies of the above stated documents at the time of admission.
- The candidate must have finished intermediate/certificate level, as well as 10+2 from NEB or Cambridge A-Level or Diploma from CTEVT or any other equivalent degree from a recognized university/board.
- The candidate must have scored 50% marks or a C+ grade or 2.0 CGPA in his/her intermediate/ diploma level.
The selected center will give admit cards for the entrance examination. To obtain an admit card, a copy of one's citizenship as well as a copy of one's submission ID/confirmation email.
Admission BasisThe merit list will be generated based on the entrance examination score, wherein 90% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in the entrance examination and 5 % each to the marks of SEE and Ten Plus Two respectively.
Documents to be Submitted
- Three copies of passport sized photographs,
- Original copy of citizenship,
- Original marksheet of SLC/SEE with character certificate,
- Original transcript of Ten plus two equivalent along with provisional as well as character certificates,
- Original copy of the admit card of the entrance examination,
- An equivalent certificate for students who have completed their ten plus two in a foreign country.
The graduates of Bachelor of Information technology will be able to find work in a variety of fields related to computer science and information technology. In today's world, almost every company, business, and office make use of IT services in their everyday operations. Network Management, Internet & Intranet Management, Database Administration, Web Administration, Advertising, Information Management, Application Development, Network Consultancy, Distributed Applications Development, and Multimedia Technology are all possible career paths for BIT graduates.
Similarly, the graduates of BIT at Gandaki University will have career prospects in Nepal's private sector, including national and international companies, as well as the ability to freelance. Freelancers can work for national and international clients on their own time, giving them a wide range of options for self-employment.
The four-year course spans over 8 semesters. The curriculum incorporates project works, technical writing, as well as internship and research components.
The curriculum structure is designed to include following major subjects:
- Computer Programming
- Management IT