BSc (Hons.) in Computer Science program is offered by the University of Wolverhampton.
This curriculum seeks to offer students a solid understanding of key computer science principles by combining them with modern computer languages, tools, techniques, and methodologies utilized by computer professionals around the world. Students will be able to improve their programming skills as well as their problem-solving abilities. You'll learn how to create software that fits the needs of clients and will get the chance to create a piece of software for your final project. This BIT in computing course serves as a great stepping stone to a career in computers.
Number of Modules
Number of Credits
|Year 1||Level 4||6||120|
|Year 2||Level 5||6||120|
|Year 3||Level 6||5||120|
- Academic Level
- Completion of NEB +2 Qualification with an aggregate ≥ 55% or 2.2 CGPA.
- For A-Levels, a minimum of 3.5 credits and at least a grade of D and above.
- SEE Mathematics Score of 50% or above (Grade C+ above)
- English Proficiency
- NEB Year 12 English Score of 50% above (2.4/4 GPA or above).
- General Paper (A or AS Level) with Grade E above.
- English (A or AS Level) with Grade E above.
- Have studied at Level 3 and above and were taught/assessed in English.
- The equivalent of IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-element.
Students will be able to work as a Software Engineer, Web Application Developer, Mobile Application Developer, Senior Database Administrator, System Analyst, Software System Developer, and AI Programmer after completing the program.
The three-year program is divided into three parts on yearly basis. The first year carries a credit of 120 while the second and third-year carry 180 credits each, all contributing to a total of 480 credits. The subject-wise breakdown is tabled below:
Year 1/Level 4
- 4CI018: Academic Skills and Team-Based Learning
- 4CS001: Introductory Programming and Problem Solving
- 4CS015: Fundamentals of Computing
- 4CS016: Embedded System Programming
- 4CS017: Internet Software Architecture
- 4MM013: Computational Mathematics
Year 2/ Level 5
- 5CS037: Concepts and Technologies of AI
- 5CS019: Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- 5CS021: Numerical Methods and Concurrency
- 5CS022: Distributed and Cloud System Programming
- 5CS024: Collaborative Development
- 5CS020: Human-Computer Interaction
Year 3/ Level 6
- 6CS014: Complex System
- 6CS005: High Performance Computing
- 6CS007: Project and Professionalism
- 6CS012: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- 6CS030: Big Data