Bachelor in Hospitality Management (BHM)- a practical oriented and industry relevant study program of high disciplinary rigor that equips students with substantial grounding in professional knowledge and competencies in management and hospitality disciplines.The main purpose of the BHM program is to develop competent, committed and succeed in hospitality and tourism management career and manage this service business in a professional way while contributing to the development of the hospitality and tourism industry in Nepal and beyond.
BHM is an intensive program extending over a four year period, comprising of eight semesters, including one semester internship requiring a written report. In order to graduate, students are required to complete a total number of 132 credit hours of study, which includes 26 credits for foundation courses, 30 credits for core management courses, 70 credits for core hospitality courses and 6 credits for internship and report writing.
Nepali and non-Nepali nationals with a 10+2 or Intermediate Degree or equivalent of at least two years duration in any discipline with a minimum of 50 percent in aggregate or CGPA of 2 on the scale of 4 from
universities/boards recognized by Kathmandu University are eligible to apply for Kathmandu University's Four Year Management Undergraduate Program.
- Duly filled up application form. Incomplete and incorrectly completed application form will lead to disqualification of the applicant.
- Three passport size photos (to be attached on the application form and ID card)
- Attested photocopies of transcripts (marksheets/gradesheets of all years if transcript is not available), certificates, and character certificate/s as mentioned in document submission check list.
- Attested photocopy of citizenship certificate or other identification document.
- Attested copies of all marksheets/gradesheets up to the last annual exam taken/passed for candidates applying on a provisional basis (in addition to the above).
- Copy of certificate of equivalence of degree obtained (only applicable for degrees of foreign universities) issued by Tribhuvan University or photocopy of the relevant page of the “Directory of Recognition and
- Equivalence of Educational Qualifications” published by TU clearly indicating the university and its program/degree recognized by TU.
- Documents submission checklist duly completed and attached with the application form. Applicants are required to furnish correct information in application form about the documents they have submitted, sign at the appropriate place on the checklist, and state reasons if they have not submitted the requisite documents
- Get the application form and instructions from KUSOM reception or download from website (www.kusom.edu.np).
- Fill up the application form and compile the required documents carefully following the instructions as mentioned above.
- Arrange to make the required payment (cash) in KUSOM reception.
- Submit the completed application form at KUSOM reception with required documents.
- The completed application form and other necessary documents can be submitted at KUSOM reception from Sunday to Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.