Library and Study Centre
Nobel College has a well-equipped library and study centre with sufficient basic texts and reference materials. Other library resources include:
- Journals and Periodicals The library subscribes to a score of professional and academic journals providing up-to date information in wide range of disciplines. The major English and Nepali dailies published from Kathmandu and other periodicals are also available.
- Additional Materials It holds a stock of reference books, company reports, statistics, maps, and past examination papers.
- Photocopy Services Photocopies services are available at a nominal charge.
- e-Library The library has a provision for 24 hours internet hooked access to computers in the library for access to journals and periodicals.
- LIMAS® The library is equipped with the latest library management software named LIMAS® to provide better service to the students.
Nobel College aspires to keep pace with the ever changing Information Technology sector and software to ensure that our students have ever-ready access to up-to-date technology. The increasing use of electronic communications in teaching enables the students in all disciplines in becoming more computer literate.
The College has a fully equipped computer centre. Computer rooms are open throughout the day. A comprehensive range of DOS and Windows application software is provided for word- processing, spreadsheet, statistics, graphing, drawing, presenting, programming library resources, Internet and E-mail.
The centre has hundreds of full-text e-books available through every computer inside the college.
The college has access to thousands of journals or full-text articles through HINARI, WHO, OARE SCIENCES.
Microbiology is a rapidly expanding field of study, currently drawing information from and contributing information to nearly all the sciences from cellular chemistry to global climate change.
The laboratory of Microbiology of Nobel College is highly sophisticated .It basically aims towards providing emphasis on sterile technique, microscopy, isolation and cultivation of microorganism.
The biochemistry laboratory in Nepal College is designed to fit the needs of the students who wish to achieve Bachelor degree in Medical Biochemistry as well as to those planning to pursue graduate course in health science.
Biochemistry Laboratory of Nobel College is well equipped with modern instrument like colorimeter Chromatography, Electrophoresis, Spectrophotometer to make student familiar with advance technology. The laboratory is spacious which can allow 20 students at a time to perform various experiments.
The laboratory of Nobel College is advance enough to introduce competent manpower in the field of biochemistry.
Hematology is the branch of medicine concerning the study of blood, the blood-forming organs, and blood diseases. The laboratory work that goes into the study of blood is frequently performed by a medical laboratory technologist or hematologist. Hematology is the branch of medicine concerning the study of blood, the blood forming organs and blood diseases. Hematology is an all- round science, generating and interpreting both quantitative and a qualitative data; using numbers on a daily basis to quantify blood cells, hemoglobin, or the time its takes a sample plasma to clot when exposed to different reagents, identify abnormal hemoglobin bands on an electrophoretic strip and describe the structure, shape and number of cells under the microscope.
Medical Students/Laboratory practitioners working in a hematology laboratory perform an array of blood tests that investigate the cellular elements of blood and a number of proteins including hemoglobin and clotting factors. Hematological tests are performed on blood samples to diagnose diseases such as leukemia, anemia and abnormalities of blood coagulation. After practicing in this laboratory, medical students will expand their knowledge of the basic science and analytical techniques relating to Hematology and gain an up-to-date understanding of the application of Hematology in bioscience / pharmaceutical research, as well as in diagnostic and therapeutic medicine.
In Nobel College histopathology laboratory is well equipped with instruments like Automatic Tissue Processor, Microtome. During the course of Study the students learns following skill to become competent Histotechnologist.
- Complete routine paraffin processing, embedding & sectioning.
- Fresh Tissue Freezing, embedding and sectioning.
- Basic histological stains, special stain and immunohistochemical stains on paraffin and frozen section.
Nursing Skill Laboratory
Public Health Laboratory
The college encourages its students to manage their own transportation as they may have to stay overtime for various reasons including tutorials, projects, presentations, and other group works. However, the College can provide the transportation facility for additional cost to needy students for fixed routes of transport.
ECA & Sports
The College organizes several extra-curricular activities and sports events to supplement the academic programs to inculcate value system and team spirit.
The College runs its own hostel for girls.
Objectives of The Internship Program
- Confirming the student's choice of academic major.
- Exploring and clarifying career goals.
- Learning to combine classroom theory and learning practical work experience.
- Gaining valuable work experience that makes a favorable impression or prospective future employers.
- Learning essential job-search skills that will aid in finding full- time position upon graduation.
- Acquiring greater independence, confidence and maturity by handing daily challenges in a work environment.
- Earning academic credit towards graduation while becoming familiar with state-of-art workplace technology.