Reviews, Write Review
To meet the mission of Mid-Western University, the Faculty has started the School of Sciences and Technology (SOST) in the University premises in Birendranagar Municipality, in the District of Surkhet, Nepal.The School of Sciences and Technology (SOST) has adopted four years academic bachelor programs which are based on credit-semester system with continuous internal evaluation.
The School of Sciences and Technology (SOST) aims to push ahead the frontiers of modern science and technology through learning, teaching and research, to meet the contemporary challenges in the scientific and technological fields for the overall advancement of the nation and to achieve academic excellence through hard work, critical thinking, and effective decision-making.
The School strives to become a Centre for Science and Technology development and education in Nepal, with an impact extending to the Asian region and at international level as well. The School seeks to provide international standard quality programs of undergraduate and graduate education, to be a research active Institute advancing the knowledge of science and technology, and to serve the overall community as an agent of technological innovation and educational advancement.
The School of Sciences and Technology (SOST) is committed to promote academic excellence by creating and expanding a scientific culture in the society for the improvement of the quality of life of people. The School fosters the advancement of knowledge by generating innovative ideas and promoting the progress of research for the benefit of the overall community.
The School is determined to prepare competent and up-to-date scientific manpower, to promote scientific research projects in selected fields, attracts scholars in different areas by promoting linkages and coordination with national and international academic institutions, ministries and various stakeholders and expand collaborative exchange programs in science and technology.
The School of Sciences and Technology (SOST) is engaged in reaching out to the community and expanding the academic offer of the Mid-Western University in Science and Technology by:
- Creating a stimulating learning and academic environment through the establishment of research groups, supporting facilities for encouraging basic and applied researches in crucial areas of science and technology, setting up well-equipped laboratories, employing skilled human resources, and providing advisory services in science and technology to national and international agencies;
- Preparing socially and ethically responsible graduates, whose strength is their ability to work as a team with analytical and problem solving skills, decision-making ability, communication and practical competencies;
- Training and preparing high-skilled and scientifically oriented manpower of different levels to meet the requirements of the nation;
- Encouraging students to get involved in different activities which are relevant and make contributions to the society;
- Starting academic international programs for the effective training of human resources, implementing research projects, organizing joint seminars, workshops, conferences at all levels;
- Supporting dissemination of research findings by being actively engaged in organizing and participating in conferences, seminars, training courses, applied research projects and publishing articles on different media;
- Continuously adapting and developing study programs, curricula and introducing new subjects in science and technology to fit the changing environment;
- Constantly improving the academic standards of curricula and academic programs by cooperating with well reputed universities at regional and global levels;
- Encouraging interactive learning and teaching to make students able to think innovatively and creatively;
- Supporting faculty member development programs in both educational and technical areas;