Tikapur Polytechnic Institute is a constituent school of CTEVT is located at Tikapur Park Road in Tikapur Municipality of Kailali District which is 15 KM south from Lamki Bazar on the East-west highway. It has been focusing on selecting participants for their Long term programs and training from respective communities based on the developed criteria in the facilitation of TPI Staff.
The Institute has been running a Diploma in agriculture (plant science) Diploma in Agriculture (Animal Science), Diploma in Civil engineering and offering short term vocational training in agriculture, livestock, Mason, Assistant beautician, and Tailoring occupation. It has been emphasizing on selecting its participants from the marginalized rural community. As a result, the majority of our trainees are poor women and lower caste people.
TPI aims at contributing to quality enhancement of the Agriculture sector through wide verities of Technical education and vocational training in the far western region of Nepal to produce a competent and confident middle-level Agriculture workforce required for the modernization and development of Agriculture in Nepal.
The mission of Tikapur Polytechnic Institute is to produce a competent and confident middle-level Agriculture workforce required for the modernization and development of Agriculture in Nepal.
Tikapur Polytechnic Institute will be the leading institute in the far western region contributing to the quality enhancement of the Agriculture sector through wide verities of Technical education and vocational training.
1. Expand institutional services ensuring access and equity
2. Strengthen linkage with stakeholders
3. Ensure market-responsive quality of the graduates
4. Enhance institutional sustainability.
The main objective of the Tikapur Polytechnic Institute is to produce basic and middle-level skilled manpower, required to modernize and industrialize agriculture occupation.
Tikapur Polytechnic Institute
As a regular program, TPI organizes a Diploma in agriculture plant science and short-term vocational training in various technical subjects. These trainings are targeted to unemployed youth, school drop-out youths, poor, Dalit, marginalized, women, and disadvantaged groups for improving their livelihood by increasing their capacity and access to the available opportunities. To date, the program has trained more than 500 people in Engineering, Plant and Veterinary, and other different trades. Among them, 75% are represented by targeted groups as mentioned earlier. Till the date, TPI has been conducting the following types of long term and Short-term course.
• Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science ) Regular Program
• Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science ) Extra Program
• Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science ) Special Scholarship Program
• Diploma in Agriculture (Animal Science)
• Diploma in Civil Engineering
• Diploma in Forestry
• Community Livestock Assistant 390 hrs level I and II
• Poultry Farming 1 week
• Tailoring 390 hrs Level I and II
• Off season Vegetable Production 1 week
• Goat Farming 1 week
• Animal Health Worker 390 hrs
• Assistant Beautician 390 hrs