The Post Graduate Diploma in STEAM Education offered by KUSOED addresses the emerging need for innovative pedagogical approaches that integrate science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM). This program recognizes the importance of transdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and interdisciplinary approaches to foster holistic and sustainable learning experiences. By combining science and arts-based approaches, STEAM education enables learners to develop analytical and creative faculties in an integrated learning environment.
The program emphasizes project-based, inquiry-based, and problem-based learning methods, which engage students in active exploration and critical thinking. Through these approaches, learners gain practical experience and develop the skills to solve real-world problems. The different disciplines within STEAM education serve as a foundation for acquiring diverse knowledge systems and skills essential for addressing complex challenges. Moreover, the program aims to foster the development of transversal competencies, nurture an innovative mindset, and cultivate a productive learning culture among students.
The Post Graduate Diploma in STEAM Education is designed to cater to in-service and pre-service teachers, teacher educators, school leaders, and recent graduates keen to expand their expertise in STEAM Education.
This one-year program offers a comprehensive and innovative educational experience, equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively implement STEAM approaches in their teaching practice. By engaging in this program, educators and professionals will be prepared to embrace the evolving educational landscape and promote a transformative learning environment that nurtures learners' creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Post Graduate Diploma in STEAM Education program is for two semesters. The 27 credit hours program includes (a) core courses (3 credit hours) (b) specialization courses (18 credit hours), c) elective courses (3 credit hours), and (c) the practicum (3 credit hours).
Core Courses (3)
- EDUC 401 Educational Philosophies (3)
Specialization Courses (18)
- STEAM ED 404 ICT in STEAM Education (3)
- STEAM ED 406 STEAM Pedagogy (3)
- STEAM ED 408 Action Research in STEAM Education (3)
- STEAM ED 411 Curriculum in STEAM Education (3)
- STEAM ED 412 Assessment in STEAM Education (3)
Elective Courses (3) (Anyone)
- STEAM ED 409 Designing e-assessment in Education (3)
- STEAM ED 420 E-research in Education (3)
- STEAM ED 423 Guidance and Counselling in Education (3)
- EDMT 425 Ethnomathematics (3)
- STEAM Ed 431 Teaching Science (3)
- EDME 406 Teaching and Learning in Mathematics (3)
- STEAM Ed 433 Teaching Language Arts and Social Studies (3)
Practical Courses (3)
- EDUC 499 Practicum (3)