MPhil in STEAM Education is of three semesters (18 months). The purpose of MPhil in Education (Specialisation STEAM Education; henceforth MPhil in STEAM Education) program is to put emphasis on capacity building of potential Nepali and international scholars whose research is likely to become a basis for improving practices in their professions. Given this perspective, the School shall enroll among qualified post-graduate students in STEAM education from diverse fields of study (pure mathematics, applied
mathematics, mathematics education, science and technology disciplines, engineering, etc.) in the proposed program insofar as the School has the relevant faculty members and/or it can outsource from among the international partner institutions. More so, international experts in the field can also be invited for short-term visits so as to enhance the research capacity of our research students and faculty members.
Kathmandu University School of Education envisages that the program will be interdisciplinary in nature as it aims to utilise perspectives and practices arising from the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Education. This program is intended for teachers, educators and educational leaders who desire the skills and credentials needed to advance their practice-driven careers. It offers rigorous theoretical and practical orientation for practitioners aspiring to become leaders in fields associated with STEAM Education. We envisage that multiple epistemic frameworks enable research students to be creative and innovative in their research productivity, thereby serving platforms for them to explore newer avenues in STEAM education.
Program Objectives and Attributes
By completing MPhil in STEAM Education program, research students are expected to demonstrate
- an ability to identify research issue(s) and to develop viable research design as per the ethos of paradigm(s), methodologies and methods employed in their research;
- a sound understanding of the major areas, focus and contours of local, regional and international research in their respective research area;
- a capacity for critical assessment of relevant scholarly literature in their field of study;
- an ability to accomplish defined scholarly research within a specific research program
- an ability to develop, implement and evaluate educational programs for the concerned community of practice;
- well-developed flexible problem-solving abilities (skills, knowledge and attitudes) appropriate to the area of study;
- an ability to develop the ethos of life-long learning in their personal and professional contexts.
- For enrolment to MPhil in STEAM Education, those having a Master Degree in STEM related fields (e.g., pure mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics education, science and technology disciplines, engineering, etc.) with at least 50% score or equivalent to CGPA 3.0 out of 4 are eligible to apply.
- Desirable: Research publications in the relevant field of study
- Completion of the application blank
- 2. Copies of credentials,
- 3. A copy of curriculum vitae, and
- 4. Reference letter
Pedagogical Leader, Transformative Education Researcher, Curriculum/Resource Material Developer, Techno-Education Developer, Educational Practice and Policy Analyst, STEAM Program Developer, STEAM Entrepreneur, Reflective Partitioner
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results