Master of Education in STEAM Education (2 Year)

Master of Education in STEAM Education (2 Year)

Masters
·
2 years
Get notified about new updates for this program?

The Master of Education in STEAM Education is a two-year program provided by Kathmandu University School of Education and launched in 2081 B.S.. Spanning four semesters and totaling 60 credit hours, the program includes Core Courses (6 credit hours), Foundation Courses (27 credit hours), Professional Courses (6 credit hours), Practical Courses (15 credit hours), and Elective Courses (6 credit hours).

The course is delivered primarily online, with 70% conducted through online modes and the remaining 30% delivered face-to-face.

Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to:

  • To design curricula through STEAM education perspectives  
  • To develop a sound philosophical understanding and practical uses of STEAM education and research around the disciplines 
  • To develop professional development programs for pre-service and in-service teachers and to provide opportunities to obtain valuable knowledge and skills about teaching.
  • To develop the field of STEAM education with adequate theoretical and practical components with provisions for planning, teaching, adapting, institutionalizing, and reflecting on classroom experience.
  •  To facilitate the process of developing human resources in the field of STEAM Education.
  • To modernize and restructure teacher education practices, emphasizing skill development and orientation to the current instructional strategy.
  • To prepare innovative educational and pedagogical leaders
  • To help teachers prepare materials for instructional practices based on STEAM perspectives and approaches.

Eligibility

Candidates having a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a university or an institution recognized by Kathmandu University will be eligible to apply for a two-year M.Ed. program in STEAM Education.