- Fee:NPR 920,230
The two year curriculum of Master of Public Health has been designed to provide quality education in public health sector which is comparable to the international levels. It also ensures that each student is exposed to professional knowledge and practice through evidence-based learning and problem-solving approaches.
The course is designed to prepare competent public health experts/ managers in the field of health care management providing wide range of knowledge and skills in public health issues through organized, interdisciplinary efforts in terms of physical, mental socio behavioral and environment concerns, health promotion and diseases prevention, planning, implementing and evaluating health programs.Thus the program is expected to equip health professionals to take organizational leadership for assuring better health management and improving quality of life of the people through better quality health service delivery.Since the course has adapted to cope with present and future issues and challenges of public health the graduates of the program have wide range of job opportunities I national and international job markets.
- Develop knowledge on public health programs, problems and issues
- Develop practical knowledge on management of health services
- Enhance the bio statistical knowledge
- Promote skills in conducting research
- Develop capacities in evaluating the public health programs
- Promote the knowledge on international health issues and their implications
- To train the students in problem solving approaches
- Promote self centered learning approach
- MBBS, BDS, BPH, BN/BNS/BSc. Nursing, B.Sc MLT/BMLT, BAMS, B.Pharmacy, B.Optometry, B.V.Sc. BASLP or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered either in Nepal Medical Council, Nepal Nursing Council, Nepal Health Professional Council, Nepal Pharmacy Council, Nepal Ayurveda Council or Nepal Veterinary Council.
- Candidate should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with multiple-choice questions
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application- 30:50:20
- Duration- 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break.
|3||Health Promotion and Education||20|
|4||Food and Nutrition||20|
|6||Basic Medical Science||8|
|7||Demography and Health Informatics||8|
|8||Public Health and Primary Health||8|
|9||Environmental Health and Occupational Health||8|
|10||Family Health and Reproductive Health||8|
|11||Global Health and International Health||8|
|12||Sociology and Anthropology||8|
|13||Public Health Administration and Management||8|
|14||Health System Management||8|
|15||Project Planning, Development, Implementation and Evaluation||8|
|16||Health Economics and Health Financing||8|
Course structure: Master of Public Health (MPH) Purbanchal University
The course consists of a total of 48 credits which include 18 credits in each first and second semester followed by 12 credits for dissertation in third semester. The course is divided into core and elective subjects. Core subjects include Fundamentals of Biostatics and computer Application, Principal of Epidemiology, Research Methodology in Public Health, Medical Sociology and Medical Anthropology, Public Health and Primary Health Care and health System Management and Health Financing in first semester followed by Environmental Health, Health Promotion and Education, Family Health, International Health along with three elective subjects in second semester.