The faculty of Humanities and Social Science of Purbanchal University (PU) provides a Master of Social Work program. This course will take two years to complete. This program is a professional and academic specialty that focuses on issues of social welfare and change. This course teaches students how to improve their research skills in order to better their personal, group, family, community, country, and world quality of life and development.
To be eligible to take the final semester examination, the student must have 80 percent attendance in class. The student must complete all projects and field work that has been assigned to them. During the program session, the college will perform periodic written assignments, research projects, seminars, and presentations. Fieldwork is an important component of the program. As a result, students must devote at least 15 hours each week to field work.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's Degree of at least three years duration or any equivalent degree in any faculty from a college/ university/ board recognized by the Purbanchal University.
- Candidates must have completed their bachelor's degree with at least a second-division finish.
Students are accepted into this program based on their ability, competency, and ambition to work in the field of social work. Previous academic records, written tests, group discussions, and personal interviews can all assist candidates to get into this program.
- Students will be chosen based on a merit list.
- The following breakdown of marks is used to create a merit list:
- 40% of graduation marks
- 30% to written tests
- 10% to Group Discussion and
- 20% to the Interview
The final decision of a candidate selection will depend on Admission Committee.