Vision, Mission and Objective of Nepal Open University
Vision Develop Nepal Open University into a leading higher education institution in the country providing higher education and training to mass people through open and distance mode in a competitively affordable fee structure.
Mission By employing the innovative and effective modern technology to increase the access of education to all sectors, levels and class of people in imparting education and training according to the market needs to prepare them qualified and competent human resource with the spirit of co-existence and full of patriotism and consciousness and with the ability to use those qualities and competencies in work of social development inspiring with positive thinking and acting.
As its major objectives, NOU has committed itself to:
- provide opportunities of and access to academic, professional and research-based inclusive higher education in terms of place, time and pace of learning to those who are denied /deprived of accessing conventional higher education institutions for various reasons through conventional mode of learning;
- produce citizens with knowledge, skills, competencies in different disciplines/subjects prepared to contribute to sustainable development having spirit of co-existence using modern information technology in education through student-centered and problem based research oriented teaching learning opportunities in education and training;
- establish e-library, e-resources, museums/archives and laboratories for teaching, learning and research;
- impart quality, relevant and significant education by building an environment of collaboration and cooperation with national and international organizations;
- support the nation in ensuring life-long learning opportunities to all respecting the fundamental rights of people in getting education for their successful life;
- establish and ensure an environment for authentic learning of knowledge and competencies in collaboration with national and international organizations, industries, and business to the graduates through functional and real life experiences; and,
- develop and apply flexible entry requirements according to the principles of open education to mass people for higher education and training.