- Fee:NPR 850,000
B.Sc in Computer Science is a 4 year, 8 semester program of Kathmandu University. Every year KU enrolls 40 students in this program.
The study of Computer Science spans wide range, from its theoretical and algorithms foundations to cutting-edge developments in robotics, computer vision, intelligent systems. bioinformatics, and other exciting areas.
The work of a Computer Science graduate falls into three categories:
- • They develop effective ways to solve computing problems.
- • They devise new ways to use computers
- • They design and implement software.
A limited number of scholarships are available for meritorious and financially needy students. The application for financial support is to be submitted at the time of admission.
10+2 (or equivalent) examinations with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science (PMCs).
OR Minimum 2.4 GPA in aggregate and minimum C+ in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science (PMCs) and minimum C in other subjects. Note:
Students who have completed +2 in Biology stream must have taken additional mathematics course and passed it with cumulative PCM of 50% or 2.4 GPA to be eligible for the indicated programs.
- Register your name for Computer-based Test (CBT) at http://apply.ku.edu.np/cbt. Candidates are required to register online before visiting the admissions office for admit cards.
- Pay the required CBT and admission application processing fee to KU Account.
- Visit Kathmandu University admissions office with your identification document (citizenship card or passport), a photocopy of the identification document, 3 recent PP-size photographs and a bank voucher. Make an appointment for CBT and collect admit card.
- Appear on Computer Based Entrance Exam. Please do not forget to bring your admit card and identification document along with you.
- Fill up the online application form for admission. The online application form will be available at http://apply.ku.edu.np/admission during admission time.
- Follow the announcements at http://ku.edu.np.
Where are the Career Opportunities?
• Academic Institutes
• Software Development
• Banking Sectors
• Government Organizations