Kathmandu University School of Education (KUSOED) announces new admission for the 2024 February Batch for M. Phil and PhD in Education Programs. Those who are waiting for their Master's degree results can also apply.
MPhil in Development Studies & MPhil in Education Leadership
A Master's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% score in aggregate or CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.
M.Phil in English Language Education
A Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% score in aggregate or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.
M.Phil in Steam Education
A Master's degree or equivalent in ELT/English Language Education/English Literature/English Linguistics with a minimum of 50% score in aggregate or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.
- 17 years of formal education.
- A minimum of 50% score in aggregate or CGPA 3 out of 4 in the last degree in related fields.
- Applicants are required to submit their research proposal and the curriculum vitae (CV) along with the application
- An MPhil degree and publications of research articles are preferred.
Important Dates and Times
- Application Start Date: November 01, 2023
- Application End Date: December 11, 2023
- The application form can be found HERE.
- Written Test (Online): December 17, 2023 (Time: 12:30 PM)
- Interview (Online): December 18, 2023 (Time: 12:00 PM onward)
- Admissions Due Date: January 15, 2024
- Enrichment Sessions: January 21- February 4, 2024
- Orientation Class: February 06, 2024 (Time: 5:00 PM)
- Classes start: February 07, 2024
- MPhil programs run in blended mode with face-to-face and online arrangements. Online classes take place from 5.30 to 8.30 PM NPT. Face-to-face classes shall be run during the day time at least a week per semester.
- As the PhD applicants need to go through specific process, they are required to contact the concerned departments before submitting their applications.
- One Research Fellowship option is available for deserving a domestic and international student in STEAM Education and partial supports for MPhil/PhD research are available after their proposal defenses.
- Applicants waiting for the results of their last degree can also apply. In case someone cannot complete their last degree within one month of the beginning of the classes, they need to withdraw, and fees paid will be partially reimbursed as per KU rules.