- Fee: NPR 315,000
The MPhil in Education is a three-semester program which is market-oriented, up-to-date, reality-based, and competitive in quality. This program includes core courses common to all students, an area of concentration, and research-based dissertation. Core courses provide basic skills for research and professional communication and include research methods and statistics professional writing, and issue seminars. Students may choose from two areas of concentration to develop expertise in one selected field.
MPhil in English Language Education is a one and half year research degree that aims to enhance research skills and knowledge of the English language professionals. The program foresees transforming practices in English language education with researching, advocating, publishing and identifying needs of English language, teaching and learning, ELT management and research.
Program Objectives and Attributes:
By completing MPhil in English Language Education program, research students are expected to demonstrate
- an ability to identify research issue(s) and to develop viable research design as per the ethos of paradigm(s), methodologies and methods employed in their research;
- a sound understanding of the major areas, focus and contours of local, regional and international research in their respective research area;
- a capacity for critical assessment of relevant scholarly literature in their field of study;
- an ability to accomplish defined scholarly research within a specific research program
- an ability to develop, implement and evaluate educational programs for the concerned community of practice;
- well-developed flexible problem-solving abilities (skills, knowledge and attitudes) appropriate to the area of study;
- an ability to develop the ethos of life-long learning in their personal and professional contexts.
- For enrolment to MPhil in Education (English Literature, Linguistics, Language Studies, English Language Education), those having a Master Degree in with at least 50% score or equivalent to CGPA 3.0 out of 4 are eligible to apply.
- Desirable: Research publications in the relevant field of study