THE KUSOM MBA program is an intensive two-year course spread over six terms of full-time study. In the first year, students complete three terms, each lasting 14 weeks involving intensive classroom study and practical business projects. In the second year, they complete three terms with an option of earning more credits in their area of concentration or taking more electives to broaden their managerial competency base. During the entire sixth term, students work as management interns in organizations for the hands-on experience of management in real-time.
The annual cycle of KUSOM MBA program is as follows:
- Spring Term (February to May)
- Summer Term (June to September)
- Fall Term (October to January)
Nepali and Non Nepali nationals with a Bachelors degree of at least three years duration or equivalent degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 percent in aggregate or 2.5 CGPA on a scale of 4 from universities recognized by Kathmandu University.
Fee Structure: Total MBA package of Kathmandu University is 350,000
- The amount is payable in 11 Installments
- For Students from SAARC countries, one and half times of the normal fee;
- For students from other countries, double the normal fee.
- These expenses do not include cost of books and stationary , accommodation, or any other personal expenses.
- The fees charged by the School are subject to change without prior notification.
The MBA curriculum is designed to enrich both theoretical and practical knowledge in management while helping them to enhance the depth and breadth of their managerial capabilities.
It contains the best and the latest in management knowledge and practice to keep students updated with the evolving nature and challenges of management profession.
Five structured levels of courses that lead to MBA degree are:
- Foundation [14 credits]
- Management Core [24 credits]
- Integrative [17 credits]
- Concentration [9 credits]
- Elective [3 credits]
A student is required to complete altogether 20 courses totaling 67 credit hours, including a corporate project, to get the MBA degree. Students have the option of earning more credit by taking additional courses as extended concentration and/or electives in an additional term. This gives them opportunity for earning up to 79 credits in total.
|Foundation [14 Credits]||Management Core [24 Credits]|
|Integrative [17 Credits]||Elective [3 Credits]|
Concentration [9 Credits]
- Project Management
- Project Development/ Formulation
- Project Implementation
- Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Sustainability
- Independent Study / Project Work