- Fee: NPR 250,000
Master in Sustainable Development program aims to fulfill the need of preparing people for society who can think at different levels, and be a change agent taking Sustainable Development (SD) as their main approach.
Sustainable Development is an approach to develop critical thinkers, who can take the Environment, Society and Economy together in harmony. These entire contexts make this regional Master's program an important degree for the scholars to sell and market themselves in the field of development and education.
The aims of the program are to enhance awareness for informed decision and policy-making on sustainable development issues; to provide practical research experience and opportunities for reflection in order to promote sustainable development; and to develop critical, analytical, and integrative skills for resolving environmental and sustainable development challenges.
EVALUATION AND GRADING
KUSOED adopts semester based assessment. It follows the letter grading system. In order to pass, a student has to maintain at least C in each of the individual courses and a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) 3.0.
- · Serves the regional needs of South Asia as there is no such program in the region.
- · Prepares professionals to lead and manage development sustainably.
- · Blend of theory and practice, strong research component, internship, and reporting.
- · Developed on the basis of experience and demand.
- · Readies graduates both for employment and for self-employment.
- · High employability because of steady increase of employment prospect in the national and international sectors.
- · Standard four semesters- two year program regular to all international master's programs.
For enrollment to any of the 2 year MEd programs, a bachelor degree in a relevant field (e.g. BEd / BSc /BA/BBS/PGDE or equivalent) from a recognized university with minimum second class standing or 2.5/4 CGPA is required. Minimum fifteen years of schooling is essential.Similarly, for enrollment to any of the 1 year MEd programs, a Master’s degree in any discipline is mandatory. The aspirants need to demonstrate their interest in the program and English language proficiency through an integrated entrance test followed by an interview as set by the School.
The total program fees (including registration, tuition, examination and computer lab) for each of the 2 year Master Programs is Rs. 135,000, which is payable in eight installment. Similarly, the total program fees for each of 1 year MEd program is Rs. 85,000. In addition, each on-campus student is supposed to pay an additional Rs. 10,000 as library deposit (refundable) at the time of admission.
The process products, i.e. the graduates will contribute towards an environmentally sound and economically prosperous future from different professions and positions.
Precisely, the degree complements towards developing professionals to work in the following sectors:
- Sustainable Development
- Conservation Education
- Development Education
- Environmental Governance, and Policy Analysis
- Environmental and Development Planning
- Teaching and Training
Core Courses (6 Cr)
- EDUC 508 Theory and Practice in Education (3)
- EDUC 509 Research Methodology (3)
Specialization Courses (39 Cr)
- EDSD 510 Fundamentals of Environment (3)
- EDSD 511 Introduction to Global Change (3)
- EDSD 512 Fundamentals of Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 513 Statistical Techniques for Research (3)
- EDSD 521 Human and Environment (3)
- EDSD 522 Environmental Management (3)
- EDSD 523 Economics of Sustainability (3)
- EDSD 525 Gender and Social Inclusion (3)
- EDSD 526 Sociology of Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 527 Project Management (3)
- EDSD 528 Communication in Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 531 Technology in Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 532 International and Comparative Perspective in Sustainable Development (3)
ELECTIVE COURSES (ANY TWO) (6 CR)
- EDSD 524 Natural Resource Management and Environmental Ethics (3)
- EDSD 529 Methods and Materials in Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 530 Conservation Management (3)
- EDSD 533 Global Climate Change (3)
- EDSD 534 Policy and Planning for Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 535 Diversity and Local Cosmology in Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 536 Education for Social Transformation (3)
- EDSD 537 Discourses of Education and Development (3)
- EDSD 538 Globalization and Emerging Institution (3)
- EDSD 539 Management and Leadership in Sustainable Development (3)
- EDSD 542 Community Research (3)
- EDSD 543 Community Activity (3)
- EDSD 545 Independent Study (3)
Practical Courses (9 Cr)
- EDSD 541 Internship (3)
- EDSD 559 Dissertation (6)
- EDSD 544 Research Project I (3)
- EDSD 554 Research Project II (3)