- Fee:NPR 920,230
Master in Nursing Science (MNS) or MSc Nursing is a three-year academic program run by Tribhuvan University.
The objective of the Master in Nursing program of Tribhuvan University is: To produce nurses capable of working in higher managerial positions at government offices, hospitals, academic institutions, research areas, and nongovernmental organizations.
Various subjects are offered in MN/MSc Nursing programs.
- Adult/Medical Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Paediatric/Child Health Nursing
- Women's Health and Development/Maternal Health Nursing
MN Adult Nursing
MN Adult Nursing is a two-year Master in Nursing program affiliated with Tribhuvan University.
The adult nursing field cares for people over 18 who are ill, recovering from illness or accident, or adapting to life-changing disabilities and long-term conditions. The students of this course will learn how to provide person-centered care to adults, meet the needs of individuals through acute and long-term illness with both physical and mental health conditions, promote their health and well-being, communicate effectively with professional colleagues, and provide sensitive support for the individual and their families.
- BN/ BNS / B.Sc. Nursing /B.Midwifery(B. Mid is eligible only for the M.Sc. Midwifery program)
- Registered in Nepal Nursing Council
- One year experience
- The candidate should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple choice question
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No. of questions - 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application – 30:50:20
- Duration - 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break
|1||Adult Nursing (Medical-Surgical Nursing)||20|
|3||Pediatric Nursing (Child Health Nursing)||20|
|4||Community Health Nursing||20|
|5||Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health Nursing)||20|
|6||Nursing Research and Biostatistics||20|
|7||Integrated Health Science- 10% (Ana- 6, Physio- 4, Pharma- 4, Biochem- 2, Micro- 2, Patho- 2)||20|
|9||Nursing Concepts and Ethical Aspects in Nursing||16|
|10||Nursing Leadership and Management||16|
|11||Social and Behavioral Science||6|
Selection for admission:
- All Nepalese/Foreign students will have to appear in common entrance examination.
- Merit list for Nepalese/Foreign students will be published separately.
- Must secure a minimum of 50% marks in entrance examinations.
- Admission will be on merit basis in open house counseling wherever applicable.