Pre-Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science) program is designed for basic level human resources in the field of Agriculture services equipped with knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of technicians so as to meet the demand of such technician in the country.
This curriculum is based on the job required to be performed by agriculture sector in Nepal. It intends to provide knowledge required for basic level Junior Technical Assistant. It especially provides the knowledge and skills focusing on agriculture and farm management. The curriculum reflects the need of present agriculture services, the professionalism in agriculture sectors, so that the graduates of this program will be readily acceptable by the farmers at community level.
Aim: The aim of the program is to produce Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) in the field of Agriculture (plant science), to provide services to the people as a demand of the country.
Objectives: At the end of this course the trainee will able to:
1. Fulfill the demand of junior level manpower on the field of agriculture (plant science) of the country.
2. Start their own business in the field in agriculture (plant science).
Duration: This course will be completed within 18 months (40 hrs./week X 39 week a year = 1560 hrs.) class plus 6 month (40 hrs./week X 24 week = 960 hrs.) on the job training (OJT).
Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Pattern of Attendance: The students should have at list 90% attendance required to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
The group size will be maximum 40 (forty) in a batch.
The grading system will be as follows:
Grading System Overall marks
Distinction 80% or above
First division 75% or above
Second division 65% or above
Third division Pass aggregate to below 65%
Individuals who meet the following criteria will be allowed to enter into this program:
- SEE pass
- Students should pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT
- They should submit the following documents at the time of application
- SEE pass certificate
- Character certificate
- Citizenship certificate (for the name, parents' name, age, date of birth and address verification purpose only)
- Final selection will be made on the basis merit list.
- The quota for different category of students will be as per the enrollment policy of CTEVT
The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4 (technical) as Junior Technical Assistant in the field of Agriculture or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission.