Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law (BALLB) is a 5-years (10-semesters) integrated and interdisciplinary undergraduate programme that integrates arts and law disciplines. As minor topics of study, the course offers sociology, political science, history, economics, Nepali, English, and other humanities and social science disciplines to supplement the vast variety of legal subjects that will be necessary to study.
This course is appropriate for anybody who wishes to supplement their art education with legal knowledge. The course not only focuses on academic knowledge, but also on the dynamics of actual application of the law in real-world settings. Gandaki University created this program with the goal of producing skilled legal personnel who can serve in a variety of disciplines at the national and international levels.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction and examination will be in English. However, Legal Nepali, Procedural Law, and Moot Court will be written in Nepali version. Practical papers will also be conducted in Nepali medium as per necessity.
- The academic performance of each student will be evaluated in to phases: Internally by the concerned faculty members and externally by the office of the controller of examination through semester end examination.
- The minimum pass mark will be 50%.
- For the evaluation purpose, 40% marks will be evaluated from the internal assessments based on class attendance, assignments, presentation and internal pre-board examination and rest of the 60% marks will be evaluated from the semester-end examination by the external examiner.
- Students must have to maintain 80 percent attendance. A student will get Not Qualified (NQ) status in the internal evaluation if s/he cannot fulfill the minimum requirement prescribed by the university. Such student is not eligible to appear in the final exam.
To be eligible for applying for the program, a candidate must pass grade 12 (10+2) or equivalent degree in any stream from a recognized board. Students who have scored C+ (CGPA 2.4) grade in National Examination Board or equivalent marks are eligible to apply for B.A.LL.B program. The university carefully scrutinizes the applicants’ +2 grade and other relevant information before receiving the entrance form.
- Citizenship Certificate
- Marksheet/Transcript and provisional certificates of grade 12 (10+2) or its equivalence.
- Character certificate from concerned college or educational institution.
- Migration certificate in the case of foreign students and studied in the college of foreign country.
- Other additional documents that may be required by the university.
Entrance Exam and Merit list
In order to become eligible for admission to the program, applicants must pass the entrance examination taken by the University. The full mark of the entrance exam is 100. The written entrance exam is taken of 85 marks. Out of 85 marks, 45 marks is allotted for subjective questions and 40 marks is allotted for multiple choices objective questions. Students who have passed written entrance exam will be eligible to face interview which is of 5 marks and rest of 10 marks is allotted for academic score i.e. SEE (5%) and 10+2 (5%). Students will be selected on a competitive merit basis of the entrance result. During the selection process, the applicants’ aptitude for legal education and etiquette will be carefully considered. The syllabus for the entrance exam is available at the university office and it is also accessible on the university’s website.
Applicants succeeding in the entrance examination must submit their original certificates and necessary documents within the stated deadline to get admitted. Then, they will be granted an offer for admission which they have to sign and submit, along with other necessary payments, for completing the enrolment process.
The BALLB program will be 5 years with 10 semesters. A total of 89 subjects including compulsory and optional with the 190 credit hours will be designed for the degree course. Accordingly, there are 68 compulsory and 21 optional courses.